Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i pulled my 05' into the garage and it was fine, then this morning i went to go ride and it wont start! the fuel pump is pumping and everything, just doesn't seem to spark or something? i am trying to check my plugs but i can not get the coils off off them??? what do i do or check???

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think checking the plugs is wasting your time if it ran last night. Plugs don't corrode over night. Check things like vacuum lines you may have pulled off by . Also let the bike sit for an hour just in case it is flooded.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
just let it set there for a lil bit, 30 minutes to an hour or so. then come back and try again. once it's flooded it's a PITA to fire up. make sure your battery has plenty of juice, and just keep the throttle wide open. eventually it'll go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok this is some f--ked up ****!! i was just charging the battery for like 30 min because it was almost dead... then i go out there and the battery is about to blow up!! whistling and steaming litteraly about to blow. now i guess i wait until monday to find a battery and hope it didnt f-up anything else

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
sounds like your battery went into thermal runaway, be careful with that and remove out of your bike asap. it could get hot enough to melt plastic.......time for a new batt.....gl bro

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
if you use a car charger, don't use more than 6 amps. if you had that charger cranked up, you'll overcharge it in no time. i never charge a cycle battery at anything more than 2 amps normaly.

you might be lucky and it just got hot. but let that thing set and cool off for awhile.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Ceph said:
if you use a car charger, don't use more than 6 amps. if you had that charger cranked up, you'll overcharge it in no time. i never charge a cycle battery at anything more than 2 amps normaly.
thanks for that info...i might need that one of these days...good ol' mr. watts.....:icon_lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts