Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I know this has been posted already but I haven't found a solution that has worked for my situation yet was riding my 05 rr yesterday just fine. This morning went to get on it and it cranks strong good battery but won't start up. Battery is good the oil light is on of that matters but I think it always goes off once the bike starts? I'm pretty sure I hear the fuel pump engaging when I ignition on key on

·
Registered
206 Posts
You may want to double check your battery. Voltimeter (sp??) will let you know for sure if your battery is strong, could also check the charging system by checking the battery voltage at a specific rpm. Think the manual says to check at 5K but I'm not certain...maybe someone else can chip in???

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You may want to double check your battery. Voltimeter (sp??) will let you know for sure if your battery is strong, could also check the charging system by checking the battery voltage at a specific rpm. Think the manual says to check at 5K but I'm not certain...maybe someone else can chip in???
It's cranking strong.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Fuel pump wont prime if your kill switch is off. If you can hear it prime then your switch is good.

Oil light comes on before the bike is started, goes off when it starts. This is normal.

Some guidance. More info is required but a bunch of things could be wrong. BAS will prevent the bike from starting. Check your fuses for good measure. Pull your plugs and test spark.

Have you had any problems with overheating?

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
BAS= Bank Angle sensor its located between the headlights

·
Registered
830 Posts
Bypass it. Do a search, its simply just jumping a couple wires. I'm just not sure which wires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Possibly your side stand switch. If the bike thinks that your stand is down and you r in gear it won't start. Unless it's bad in neutral also.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Any update? Was the "How To" of any help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to try and use the how to on it tonight but am still at work probably won't get to it u till tomorrow around noon :/ sucks the weather has been nice I just wanna ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts