Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recentyl installed a power commander on my bike, have not rode the bike buy maybe started it and moved it around the house, i have not changed the maps or anything yet, well now the bike will not start, it will crank over, the fuel pump kicks on but it doesnt start, it almost wants to but it will die out after about 2 seconds, anyone got any ideas? maybe fouled plugs??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im stupid with the mapping and the power comander, how do i install a "zero" map. the bike started and ran good and now it wont start again

·
Registered
726 Posts
Why don't you back up a step... try uninstalling the PC and see how it reacts? Sure you haven't loosened your battery cables? Seen that a few times. Are you starting it with the clutch pulled in and the kickstand down... that'll kill it in a hurry. When you put the PC in did you play with your fuel line? No fuel = no run so well.

Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try that open the throttle all the way while trying to start it for 5 sec. Then let go and try to start it. If this doesnt work play with the throttle a little. I had to do this last night on my bike and got the advice off these forums.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i disconected the power commander hooked it all back to stock and still same thing, im pull the plugs next i guess, cause theres a strong smell of gas

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, the plugs are fouled, never had any problems like this before i put the power commander on here! is it cause it didnt have a tune or?

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
The map u are using is the reason the plugs are foueld up

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
moeman if u rember i was the one that bought the comander off your friends shop
Ok nothing wrong with that the map that was loaded into the PCIII
did not match well with your bikes slip on that is all there is to it

Any body that has a PCIII will admit that a map can work great for
one bike but work at all for another bike even if the mods are identical