Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago i hopped on my bike and went about a 2 blocks to a friends house stayed for a few minutes and went to leave and the bike wouldnt start, a few times before this upon initial start up the bike seemed like it was only running on 3 cylinders or not at full power, i would go down the road and it would be fine..........the plugs have less than 2k on them and the bike is under full warranty its a 04 by the way. any ideas on what could be my problem

thanks john

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no flashing codes, just cranks over and no go, i think im going to pull the plugs and go from there, the bike has a pipe and a power commander if the problem is warranty fixable should i be concerned about the warranty being voided, the bike had a fuel pump and tps sensor replaced under warranty by the previous owner and the dealer didnt say anything so i think i should be ok if it comes down to it

·
Registered
869 Posts
Either the bike is running pig rich or you are not getting the spark you need

·
Registered
370 Posts
A few days ago i hopped on my bike and went about a 2 blocks to a friends house stayed for a few minutes and went to leave and the bike wouldnt start, a few times before this upon initial start up the bike seemed like it was only running on 3 cylinders or not at full power, i would go down the road and it would be fine..........the plugs have less than 2k on them and the bike is under full warranty its a 04 by the way. any ideas on what could be my problem

thanks john
sounds like it's flooded

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
you said powercommander.
take it off. completely
if it starts with the pc out of it then there is your problem

to check for spark pull a plug and replug the wire back in
turn it over
if you see spark you are good

make sure when you turn the key the fuel pump primes and the green lights go up and down on the pc first before you take it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts