Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been in the process of setting my bike up since ive gotten it like 2 months ago, so its been pretty torn apart. it was running fine and only has 2900 miles on it. i had to remove the tank and airbox to install a secondary idle cable and also have all the plastics removed. the tank and airbox are back on and i had my headlight plugged in but it turns over and wont start. i dont hear the fuel pump come on when i turn the key and kill switch on. im not getting an FI light. the gauges light up and do everything they should do. only thing i can think of is maybe something with the BAS?? i did try to bypass it on the harness and it still didnt start im not sure if i even did it right. ive also checked the fuses. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
damn you messed up the bike....lol just kidding...hmmmmm nope i cant think of it... go back and re check all your connections , make sure you didnt forget one.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
if its been sitting there for a while while u took it apart.. the battery might need to be charged.. try that first..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuses have been checked, the battery isnt dead, its turning over just fine just not starting.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Its very simple if you fuel pump does not prime
its because of the BAS is not hooked up right
and when you tried to bypass it you did not
do it right follow these steps
If you want to bypass it, take the two wires on the end (there are 3 in the cluster) and connect them. cap off the middle one and you're good to go

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its very simple if you fuel pump does not prime
its because of the BAS is not hooked up right
and when you tried to bypass it you did not
do it right follow these steps
If you want to bypass it, take the two wires on the end (there are 3 in the cluster) and connect them. cap off the middle one and you're good to go
yah i looked at that thread and jumped the wires it said to but it didnt work. i dont want to cut my wires on the bas cuz i dont actually disable them on my bike cuz i like them to shut off when i drop em. only reason to have it disabled is if u do chainsaw burnouts which i dont do. so thats the only reason the pump wouldnt prime is if the bas was not right? given that ive got no FI codes anyway...

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I installed my BAS upside once, which caused a world of headaches...jsut check to make sure ya didnt do that.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I am not suggesting for you to bypass the BAS sensor
its a safety feature here is what a correct installed Bas
should look like post # 17 in this thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=83539
the BAS is the part with the arrow make sure the arrow
matches the same direction

If the bike still does not start afterwards hold the throttle
wide open while attempting to start it this way you wont
foul the spark plugs .The bike might not start right away
will take a few trials so make sure to have a fully charged
battery . Best of luck

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
*HIGHFIVE for solving the problem!! 600rr.netters, we did it again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts