Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well title states it all!!!! I have waited 1 yr 4 months since my bike was stolen to get it back on the road.....got the plastic painted...the bike turned over....put new brake rotors on.....the bike turned over.....today I took off a bent left side upper fairing bracket that has two wires connected to it, replaced it with a new bracket....and now after all this waiting and excitement of getting my bike back together the fuel pump wont prime......the motorcycle was running a few days before as I just listened to it waiting for it to be all put together and now this.....please if you have any idea why the fuel pump wont prime let me know......i did check the fuses.....and I havnt un-done any wires since I started putting all the plastics back on......HELP!!!! thank you

·
Registered
500 Posts
What is keeping the fuel pump from priming? Is the battery charged adequately? Disconnect the fuel pump connector, and then check the battery for voltage with a multimeter after turning on the ignition. There should be voltage for a few seconds. If there IS voltage, your fuel pump may be bad (this is all according to my shop manual). If there is no voltage. check the following:
Main fuse
Sub fuse
Engine stor switch
Fuel cut-off relay
Engone stop relay
Bank angle sensor
ECM

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is keeping the fuel pump from priming? Is the battery charged adequately? Disconnect the fuel pump connector, and then check the battery for voltage with a multimeter after turning on the ignition. There should be voltage for a few seconds. If there IS voltage, your fuel pump may be bad (this is all according to my shop manual). If there is no voltage. check the following:
Main fuse
Sub fuse
Engine stor switch
Fuel cut-off relay
Engone stop relay
Bank angle sensor
ECM
The battery is brand new and working wonderful.........I will start checking all the rest of that stuff tomorrow because i am to pissed off right now to go work on it anymore today......the bike was just running I dont understand how it would just quit priming like that........I need to find a fuse diagram so I know where to look.....I checked a few of them like the bank angle sensor and the rest that are in that same box.......the engine stop switch works....when its off the speedo needle wont flip up, then switched on it will so I dont believe its that.....I am not good with finding connection problems!!! thanks for the reply tho

do you have a site for where these relays are located?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Before you do any of the electrical stuff, you might just want to give your hoses a quick once over to make sure none of them are pinched. I'm assuming the bike is the '04 listed in your signature? I'm gonna take some screen shots of the '03 shop manual I have.

OK, both relays screen shots are in there. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys....im going to re look at the BAS tomorrow but I am almost positive its on correctly....im hoping its not......i will also look at all those relays posted above....thanks for all the help.....i cant wait to get back on the road.....

G

·
What two wires were connected to the fairing stay? Also make sure the BAS isn't backwards. There will be an arrow that needs to be facing forwards.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What two wires were connected to the fairing stay? Also make sure the BAS isn't backwards. There will be an arrow that needs to be facing forwards.
they looked like two small grounding wires......that were connected to the bracket using one of the bracket mounting bolts.......they ran up under the tank somewhere......if i cant fix it tomorrow its going to the dealer before i go nuts....i need this fixed by friday

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you reattach those wires to the new bracket?
roger that......i dont want to get my hopes up but Im thinking it has to be the bank angle sensor....i will let you know tomorrow

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok well its tomorrow today....and I am happy to report it was the BAS.........IM BACK ON THE ROAD BABY thank you all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts