Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 cbr600rr, 8000 miles, stock. After a day of riding with my friends about 150 miles my fuel gauge said i had one bar of gas left, then it went to two bars nearing my friends house.

I took it out a little later and suddenly the bike shut off while i was riding, like someone hit the kill switch. Gauge still said i had two bars of gas left. Now it wouldn't start, it would crank but not turn over. I friend came to my rescue and said it could be my battery, so we jumped it from a running car (Now I know that was a bad idea and probably killed my battery :sad3:) Still wouldn't start. O yah we also tried push starting and holding the throttle wide open and trying to start it.

So later I took my battery to a shop and it had 12.4 v but failed a load test. I bought a new battery put it in and still would crank but not turn over.

I was desperate and thought maybe it was gas but didn't think it was because it said two bars. We put one gallon of gas in my tank and for some reason the gauge now said I had one bar of gas left :tard:. And guess what? It started right up like a champ! :five: I rode it home about 40 miles with no problems. With about 5-6 perfect start ups in between.

Do you guys think it was just an empty tank and my fuel gauge is screwy or something else? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Do you guys think it was just an empty tank and my fuel gauge is screwy or something else? Thanks in advance!
Yes - most people's normal range is 120-150.
I'll assume that you didn't check the tank by shaking the bike, or opening the lid.

Trust your distance - not the gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts