Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
WTF!!!!!!! does anyone even cares there is a person on the freaking ground? ...the cops just walks over, looks at the biker, and then talks to the people in the car.... mmmmmmmmmm check the biker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF...

That looks like it freaking hurt too...

G

·
cojolio said:
WTF!!!!!!! does anyone even cares there is a person on the freaking ground? ...the cops just walks over, looks at the biker, and then talks to the people in the car.... mmmmmmmmmm check the biker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF...

That looks like it freaking hurt too...

+1

Attend to the person who is injured. What if they needed CPR and seconds counted?

G

·
I don't know but it looked like the cop did everything right by the book, whatever that is....haha

I mean, it looked like he had to assess the situation, make sure he got the other guys in check, the driver in check, made sure he wasn't going to get run over because then he would be of no help, and then check the person who got hit. I don't know. It just looked like he was sympathetic and calm about the situation which is what you want.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
damn that was crasy ...

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Cop looked like he was freakin clueless. He should have some better emergency training than that....don't give me this I can't touch the guy crap.....he didn't even reach down or get down there to check his vitals. What a POS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
GA_RR said:
Cop looked like he was freakin clueless. He should have some better emergency training than that....don't give me this I can't touch the guy crap.....he didn't even reach down or get down there to check his vitals. What a POS.

You have no clue of what you are talking about. If the cop touched him and the guy actually had a fractured/broken bone... that being a spine, neck, leg, whatever the case, it could actually damage the person even more. Not to mention cause them more pain. Cops arent precisely paramedics. And if he was calm when he walked then maybe he could have ran. But he did call paramedics ASAP so i think he did his job right.

PS: that biker was a moron for not having atleast a helmet...

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Oh ok.... You obviously paid a lot of attention to my post. Did I say the cop was supposed to turn him over or something, no. He does have a responsibility to assess the situation a little better though than to casually walk over and not even get down there to check the guy out. There's a difference between staying cool, calm, and collected in a situation and complete apathy.

0verdose said:
You have no clue of what you are talking about. If the cop touched him and the guy actually had a fractured/broken bone... that being a spine, neck, leg, whatever the case, it could actually damage the person even more. Not to mention cause them more pain. Cops arent precisely paramedics. And if he was calm when he walked then maybe he could have ran. But he did call paramedics ASAP so i think he did his job right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
0verdose said:

+1 You cant get caught up in the moment and rush over.

I am a Police Officer. And I've had similar things happen. Me being frantic and freaking out....will only freak everyone else out. I could see that cop being mad at her and yelling at her to get the f' out of her car. Opps, she left it in gear and the car just ran him over again. Cooler heads prevail.

Whether it took in 10 seconds to check that guy or 20 seconds, what exactly did that affect? Nothing. He is NOT a paramedic.

Also, what vitals did you want him to check? He was moaning, so obviously he was breathing. His blood pressure? Hmm, I dont carry a pressure cuff around. His heartrate? OK, let's it's 190 beats per minute. How what the hell do I do with that info?

Did you expect him to throw that guy in the back of his cruiser and rush him to the hospital? Opps, what about his broken neck, now his paralyzed and living in my house after he sued the pants off me.

Btw, if you did notice the first guy he originally stopped with was about to be arrested as that crash occured. I don't know how you would have dealt with that pickel of a situation. But don't call him a POS, that's a lot to deal with that you never deal with.

Two criticisms I have about his technique is that:

1) He should have secured the other guy in his cruiser BEFORE he rushed over to the guy in the ground. I guess it would have taken me even longer than it did him. Looks like he was just about to pat that guy down, who knows what he had on him. Then he let that guy get back into his car. Big No-No.

Why does that matter? Because I'm responsible for everyone at that scene. Let's say he was being arrested on a warrant and doesn't want to go back to jail again. If he comes out of his car shooting and kills the aunt (or any of those 10+ spectators), it's my fault too.

2) He shouldn't be asking the neice (passenger) about what the aunt (driver) did or did not do, especially with her in earshot? Maybe the neice was translating, I never did hear her talk

However, there's no way to tell who caused that crash using only that vid. They could have simply run into the biker while watching the cop arrest the other guy OR he (the biker) could have run wide into their path watching the same thing. Assumptions.

About the helmet, I gotta admit I don't wear one on my bicycle either. But, make my kids wear theirs. That's right I'm a hypocrite!! But, a parent first.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thats why cops are not medics because they don't have the slightest clue on what to do with a person. I mean come on the dude just got hit by a car and your not going to check on him first WTF!!!! The he leans over him and is like aaaaaa you'll be fine your breathing ok. There is just so much wrong with the whole thing it is just unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I hate how cops pull people over and leave their own vehicle too much in the street, blocking traffic and the uses of the bike lane or shoulder. It was terrible judgement of everyone in that situation. Now, watch the video again and you will see what happened. It is the cops fault. Notice how he pulled the suspect out of the car and left the drivers door open? That's a danger to through traffic and any peds using the shoulder! It's especially dangerous when there is no real shoulder to the road. I was taught in training to kick the door shut before walking the suspect back. Or you can put the guy on the side of the car, hold his hands behind his back with one hand or cuff him, then shut the door with the other hand...and only then walk the suspect back to the rear of the car. Another reason you do this is to make it one step harder for the suspect to cut and run. With the suspect door open, it is easier for the suspect to get back into his vehicle and flee. The officer used poor judgement by creating a hazzard.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yeah that looks like a gruesome crash. where is the bike? where is the helmet? was the bike stopped at a red light?

for sure, i hope the biker heals ok.

To me the cop did the right thing by remaining calm. He's not a paramedic.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
The police officer did all that he was supposed to do. He called the paramedics. The PO isn't equipped to handle a victim of this sort. No CPR was needed as you heard the kid was breathing. He sounded like he was going into a bit of shock, but again, the PO does not have the ability to handle that situation. He assessed breathing several times by auditory perception. Telling the victim not to move was exactly right. If the kid had any sort of spinal injury, movement might have resulted in paralysis. The PO provided some resistance as the kid tried to get up. Of course, due to shock, the kid wasn't listening.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I think it was a bicycle, not a motorcycle. Although, I believe most states require helmets when operating a bicycle on a major throughway.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Either way, it is the officer's fault for leaving the suspect's vehicle door open in through traffic. The cop created the extra hazzard for passing car and biker. I am pretty sure the accident would not of happened if the suspect door was shut.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
that is the whole reason they put their car a little further in the street then the other. for their protection. there has been to many police officers hit by careless drivers. maybe, if the patrons of the city would pay attention more and switch lanes if possible when approaching the scene then there wouldn't be a need to protect one's self with their car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts