Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope none of the arrested were .net members. I believe this would leave a stain on those military records.

"A dozen motorcyclists were arrested midday Sunday after the pack was clocked hurtling along Interstate 10 at over 140 mph, said Cpl. Joe Piggott, a state trooper spokesman.
A trooper first spotted the cyclists speeding by westbound traffic at about 100 mph at milepost 55, which is about 11 miles east of the Florida state line, at about 10:45 a.m., Piggott said. Unable to pursue the cyclists because they were going so fast, the trooper radioed ahead to a colleague posted about 20 miles to the west.
When they passed the second trooper between the Daphne and Malbis exits, the cyclists, riding high-performance sports motorcycles, had sped up to over 140 mph. That trooper gave chase and a third trooper ahead in a Dodge Charger stopped traffic on the Bayway to force the cyclists to stop...."

continued here: http://www.al.com/news/press-register/index.ssf?/base/news/1219050956270500.xml&coll=3#continue

D

·
0 Posts
Hopefully they all go on a nice vacation sponsored by the tax payers, with an added bonus of lovely gifts such as no more license, fees they can't afford, and so on.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like a good time. J/K. Just another reason why some people think that sportbikes are dangerous.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... that's pretty excessive. I'm all for speeding on the highway, but it's more like 75-80 mph, not double that!!

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Wow....thats nuts.

·
Registered
240 Posts
thats nutso's! 140? I was on the track doing 140 and I felt like it was dangerous, but weaving in and out of traffic doing that.....they must've been some rough riders (pun intended lol )

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You do the crime.........you pay the fine............and do the time.............something to think about.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
All I read was the abbreviated bit posted, but I seriously hope their bikes and cards went poof. Forever. Those people should never be allowed to ride a bike EVER, and shouldn't be allowed to drive for 5 years.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Graphite,

The article goes on to say that 11 of the 13 people were on active military duty. I'm sure, not only do they face civil action, but military action as well!

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Graphite,

The article goes on to say that 11 of the 13 people were on active military duty. I'm sure, not only do they face civil action, but military action as well!
Some serious military action. They completely screwed their lives up and will be lucky to even be able to get a job at a McDonalds down the road.

·
Registered
796 Posts
WTF....the average age of those 12 riders arrested is 32.9! Much higher than what I thought before I read the article.
You know what sucks is, probably every cager that they passed at 100+mph and probably everyone who reads this article with reinforce in their minds the stereotype that ALL sportbike riders are wreckless. It certainly doesn't help out bike insurance premiums, that's for sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
its riders like that that make people automatically stereo type real sport bike riders who actually have a passion for it for mindless idiots. They'll get whats coming to em

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Hey Graphite,

I work with a guy who just got caught doing the same thing, I doubt they will charge him in the military, just the loss of the licence for 30 days and a big fine.

D

·
0 Posts
What happens with them military wise also depends on what section of the military they're in. I'm sure the Navy and USMC would crack down harder on them then the Army would.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, even still, being a former military guy, I'd hate to have to call the First Seargant to have to come bail me out of the poke.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
What happens with them military wise also depends on what section of the military they're in. I'm sure the Navy and USMC would crack down harder on them then the Army would.

Navy would be pretty pissed, but the USMC, you'd be crucified, dad was a marine in Nam before he went to business school, and he's got some serious stories about that stuff.

D

·
0 Posts
Navy would be pretty pissed, but the USMC, you'd be crucified, dad was a marine in Nam before he went to business school, and he's got some serious stories about that stuff.
I hear stories all the time from my friends, and they've only been in the Marines for 1-2 years so far. I know out at Twenty-Nine Palms they're strict as hell when it comes to bikes. At all times you must dawn full protective gear, reflective vests, always signal turns and so on or you lose your privileges to drive, and some other stuff.

If the 11 people where in the Marines or Navy, I would actually be surprised for them to not spend some time in a military jail, some demotions, and even less freedoms then they had. You'd have a better chance getting off with drinking yourself silly and throwing up on your superiors' beds then 140mph on a sreet.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts