Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna post this in the crash section but i figured i'd throw it in here since i got some pics and vids of it.

For what happened i thank god for how minimal my injuries are, i have a rash on my left knee, rash on my right arm, sore left shoulder, rash and puncture on my right ring finger, sore right hip, and a puncture through my pinky nail on the same hand and the nails all bloody. Basically the doc in the ER took a look and said theres nothing they can do, the nail will grow out and flush all the fragments and all with it. Hurts like hell though.

I am thoroughly pissed i had my tank mount on and shut it off literally 5-10 seconds before i hit the deer. The deer was coming in the road from the left side and was standing there...i wasn't sure which way he was going to run. I had two choices...break or speed up and try and pass it. I chose the latter and plowed it straight across the ribs. All four of its legs were broke, my bike laid down and i slid on TOP of its side for minimum 50 feet according to the guys i was riding with. Then it threw me for 5-10 feet of pavement and the rest was grass. I guess the pics speak for themselves though.

Heres all the was caught on video. You can see the deer on the right hand side and me getting up out of the grass with one boot on.

http://www.northeastsportbikes.com/videos/20060920apbt600rrvsdeer.wmv

·
Registered
124 Posts
wow. glad your okay man. Wheres that at? Im from Warminster, it looks like its near tyler park?

·
Registered
393 Posts
glad you are ok and it was too severe. the bike doesnt look too bad... just a couple of fairings from what i can see....how fast where you going when you hit it? oh by the way, did you take the deer to the ER room to have the legs taken care off?:)
Hope for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. If you know where 413 is, you turn on wrightsville road and then a left on creamery road..thats where it happened at. We were coming the opposite way on creamery coming towards wrightsville.

I was going about 40+ when i hit the deer, a police came and had to shoot the deer while i was waiting to leave to go to the hospital.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Glad you are okay. Damn, nice paintjob down the drain. Can I have your solo cowl then? LOL. Deer are so unpredictable. Driving on the highway once in my cage and a deer was running up the side of the road in the same direction as I was going, as soon as I was up beside it it decided to cross in front of me. I must have missed it by millimeters (ha, i'm Canadian).

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
wow man, thats such a shame. so glad that you're ok but you had one of the sweetest bikes on here. Very sorry to hear about your loss, but hey, you still have your health!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
damn crazy deers.. hope ur ok

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
silvrr600 said:
Did you at least take the deer home and mount the rack?
No rack.

And also i felt extremely bad for the deer, i made the cop shoot it before i left cause it was laying there with four broken legs and i didn't want to see it suffering anymore.

******WARNING IF YOUR AN ANIMAL LOVER DON'T SCROLL DOWN******

·
Registered
525 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Glad to hear you are alright.

Not sure what is worse. Hitting a deer, wrecking a sweet ride or having to ride bitch on someone elses bike.

Dusty

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
ok i feel bad for ya cause a van did me the way the deer did u.. 6380.35 later the bike is comin back from the shop and that money was from the insurance. u guys who live off by the woods need to take it easy. its about 30 deer bike crashes around and i know u guys r trying to be safe but damn.. your bike is pretty pissed. anyways.. heal up and tell me when the deer dreams stop.. (i trip out of mini vans)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sodamninsane said:
wow man, thats such a shame. so glad that you're ok but you had one of the sweetest bikes on here. Very sorry to hear about your loss, but hey, you still have your health!
She was looking so pretty just a week before. :(

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
apbt600rr said:
She was looking so pretty just a week before. :(

Damn man those are some sweet pics too I really like that first one. Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you are okay for the most part. The doctor didn't even give you any pain meds? That royally sucks man, you have one of the best looking RR's I've seen. And I love the color combo's you went with, that burnt orange is sick. If I didn't have my Candy Blue thats what I'd have.

What are you going to do now? Try and fix her, get an '07, go with something bigger, or another manufacturer?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
wow... sorry about the loss... but at least you can claim comprehensive with the insurance (hoping you do have full coverage) and you have a vid to prove that you hit a deer...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
damn poor deer! hahaha jk. there is a device that if u put it on a car or bike it whistles silently scaring animalas away. some buds of mine use them on their bikes. seems it works. try it out next time. good luck with the repairs

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but you can have lessened your injuries even more if you were wearing gear. I don't see a jacket and I'm assuming you weren't wearing gloves either since your hands got messed up.

It sucks that it happened. Sorry man and hope you heal up soon.

What are your plans for the bike?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same thing happend to my friend. Hit a deer at 85 no gear, not even a helmet, unfortunately he wasnt as lucky as you, and neither was his bike. I had one run into me as I was cruising down my street once. I dont take my chances with those stupid creatures. Hope you heal up quick and get the bike fixed.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts