Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a million and one things that could cause this, but Im still new to rr's so I figure you guys would have some insight.

quick details:
2004 rr
new diablo rosso tires 32/36psi at the time
sag is set and suspension i am using the sport rider magazine numbers as a baseline right now
i weigh 180lbs

anyways upon entering a corner I notice that the bike wants to dip lower than i intend it too. I find myself having to pick up the bike and readjust mid corner and even then it feels a bit twitchy, for lack of a better term.

I suspect it could be because my tire pressures were high and the tires are new, but they had about 100miles on them before I did any canyons and havent experienced this problem before with new tires.

any ideas?

G

·
Suspension settings. Forget using stuff posted in mags. Read up on suspension and set it up yourself or have someone at a track day do it. Tire pressures aren't all that high for it to really be a problem.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,855 Posts
I know there are a million and one things that could cause this, but Im still new to rr's so I figure you guys would have some insight.

quick details:
2004 rr
new diablo rosso tires 32/36psi at the time
sag is set and suspension i am using the sport rider magazine numbers as a baseline right now
i weigh 180lbs

anyways upon entering a corner I notice that the bike wants to dip lower than i intend it too. I find myself having to pick up the bike and readjust mid corner and even then it feels a bit twitchy, for lack of a better term.

I suspect it could be because my tire pressures were high and the tires are new, but they had about 100miles on them before I did any canyons and havent experienced this problem before with new tires.

any ideas?
don't believe what SR says regarding suspension settings for our bikes, it's different for every guy or gal.

for your tire pressures i think you're running a bit too high especially on the rear, try 31/29 which are the same pressures i run with the Diablo Corsa, the Rosso has got a stiffer carcass so you may have to run lower pressures.

have you got pics of the tires (front & rear)? a clear picture would help a lot.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
what sag settings are you running front and rear? have you dropped the front of the bike at all or are the top of the tubes right at the circular engraving on the triple?

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,855 Posts
very hard to tell with such small pics, could you resize them bigger (640x480).

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^^^ great information! thanks!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
very hard to tell with such small pics, could you resize them bigger (640x480).

dude, his tires are new and they're not worn at all on the sides. you're not gonna be able to tell anything from his tires. you're making him waste his time taking pictures.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Could be your new tires...they can be a lil slick before getting good grip but most likely your suspension set up. I just got my bike set up for me by RACETECH suspension at the track! World of difference!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's a classic sign of needing to raise the front end - lower the fork tubes so that the cap is flush with the triple. If you don't know how to do that, increase fork preload and decrease shock preload. This will effectively give you more trail - which will add stability and increase feedback from the front tire.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Did you measure the static and rider sag for you? Seeing that you used Sport rider magazine numbers
Without the correct sag settibg for the rider. Any adjustment will be wrong.
You need to fine tune the base setting on suspension .

Also make small adjustment to your suspension at a time.
Took me about a week of canyon riding to get the setting I want.
What work for the canyon didn't not work on the Track.
Spend a half day making adjustment.

+1 for the Suspension Solution Sheet. Been using this sheet for years.
Its cheaper then paying the suspension guy at the track and you'll learn something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts