Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the deal is that i moved to iowa and my bike stayed in indiana. so i havent seen my bike since august. well tonight my dad and my girlfriends dad looded it in to the back of the old ladys dads truck. now i am worried about how they loaded it because i wasnt there and i have no idea how they have it in there or what they have it tied down with. my dad use to own a bike but he never loaded one in the back of a truck before. and her dad isnt really the most mechanically smart person in the world. its an eight hour drive so i will let you guys know if it makes it all right

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i could have brought it up with me but then it would have had to sit out in the weather for the winter, and that wasnt going to happen so i left it home in my parents garage where it was safe. i know that i am worried sick though

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
call them bro and keep your fingers crossed she will get home safe

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
beach_33 said:
well i could have brought it up with me but then it would have had to sit out in the weather for the winter, and that wasnt going to happen so i left it home in my parents garage where it was safe. i know that i am worried sick though
Just messing with you bro. I had to leave my bike for 7 months and 10 days. But it was in good hands, my Dad was taking care of it and he rides. I'm sure it will be fine, think about if you had to strap someones bike down and take it down to them, I would be scared $hitless to mess it up in any kind of way so I'm sure he took any precaution he could. Have fun when you get it and take it easy at first, you have to get re-aqauinted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just talked to my dad he said that he strapped it in good and that it isnt moving. now i hope that he didnt strap it down to hard and compress the forks to much. this is nerve racking i should have just taken the day off and went down and done it myself. dear god i can only pray

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
beach_33 said:
just talked to my dad he said that he strapped it in good and that it isnt moving. now i hope that he didnt strap it down to hard and compress the forks to much. this is nerve racking i should have just taken the day off and went down and done it myself. dear god i can only pray
If he doesn't compress the forks alot everytime he brakes or turns the bike will compress and possibly lose the straps. I think that is one of the downfalls of having to transport a bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts