Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was looking to purchase just a bill of sale bike for track only. I'm currently running the VIN to make sure it isn't stolen but is there anything else I should look out for?

TIA

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe check for damage to make sure it wasn't totalled....
Yep I got pictures of the damage today and I'll get to see the bike this weekend. The bike is owned another parts vendor here on the east coast this is a guy I've done business with many times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont know how your buying it or from whom but I would check to see if it has a lein on the title. a bill of sale is really nothing but a scrap sheet of paper unless it notorized. I could steal a bike make up a fake name number address and give it to you saying I sold it to you. The DMV wont do anything with a bill of sale so there shouldn't be any taxes though them unless you go file somthing to get a title which takes a while. Who ever owns the bike will have to go and get a salvage title or whatever from dmv and they can sign that over to you. or get a notorized bill of sale most banks do it. Then it will be in your hands to make sure the bike dosent belong to someone else but the answer to your question is no, no taxes should be paid to the person unless your in there state and there a dealer of some sort.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Another dumb question, do you pay taxes on this sale in PA?
Well there a few parts to it if its a track only bike:

1) Get the title and bill of sale
2) Do not register it, its a track bike
3) Do not pay taxes as you are not registering it for road use
4) Apply for a title so you can turn around and sell it if needed

When it doubt call your local DMV office.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have done basically the same thing as you did.

Make sure its not stolen
Make sure theres no lien
And just check for the condition, or atleast make sure it is exactly what your paying for.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know how your buying it or from whom but I would check to see if it has a lein on the title. a bill of sale is really nothing but a scrap sheet of paper unless it notorized. I could steal a bike make up a fake name number address and give it to you saying I sold it to you. The DMV wont do anything with a bill of sale so there shouldn't be any taxes though them unless you go file somthing to get a title which takes a while. Who ever owns the bike will have to go and get a salvage title or whatever from dmv and they can sign that over to you. or get a notorized bill of sale most banks do it. Then it will be in your hands to make sure the bike dosent belong to someone else but the answer to your question is no, no taxes should be paid to the person unless your in there state and there a dealer of some sort.
I'm buying the bike from Sree of motonekoparts.com. Yup I'm in the process of doing my due diligence right now (btw it is a bitch doing searches on a MSO bike). This bike is track only which I don't really care about the status of title. I guess I'll have to ask for a notarized bill of sale when I stop by the bank tomorrow.

Any other input or help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts