Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Sweet looking bike the question is not is how much ?
but will it make production ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
sweet looking bike

but has anyone had a chance to read the new sportrider?

they did a shootout with the 07 gix 1000, duc 1098s, cbr600rr

on the track, 1st gix, 2nd cbr, 3rd 1098

cbr was 1 sec slower than the gix :D

half the price and we beat the duc :p

·
Registered
640 Posts
It's a beautiful bike!

Anyway, lap times are obviously largely determined by the track in question. At Broadford in Australia, I would be much faster on my Aprilia RS250 than on my CBR600RR, or my friend's dad's R1. But, if I take them all to Phillip Island, the RS250 would probably come last.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not true. Have you ever watched World Superbike (liter bikes) and World Supersport (600s)?
Most track on the world circuit are exactly what he described. Long and flowing.

99.9% of riders out there will run faster on a 600 than a 1000. It's a fact.

As for magazine tests. It's as much about the rider, as it's about the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unless you are actually out there competitively racing, does it matter? (and no, just track days here and there don't count)

Any modern sportbike is extreme and prolly less than 10% of their ridership can wring more than 90% out of them. The choice to me seems largely based on emotion, ergonomics, etc, than straight out performance. Ride what speaks to you, stats be damned.... except perhaps $$ :confused3 IIRC this baby is rumored to come in about $40k as pretty as it is to me it doesn't speak THAT LOUDLY :toothy4:

What's the most bad-ass bike out there, the Desmodeci? At $80k or so, how many do you think are actually gonna see a race track? And out of that lot how many are gonna have riders who command their weapon of choice with full authority?

These bikes are for the wealthy to have something exotic to add to their collection, parked right to their Carrera GT.... not all, but have to imagine those that get used like they're meant to are the exception rather than the rule.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, I prefer this to the 1098, sorry Ducati. Now the Desmosedici ... that is my current dream bike and if Ducati made a less extreme version, say slightly under $20k, my days of Honda-only bike ownership would be over.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah, I prefer this to the 1098, sorry Ducati. Now the Desmosedici ... that is my current dream bike and if Ducati made a less extreme version, say slightly under $20k, my days of Honda-only bike ownership would be over.
Hahaha, are you serious? That's like saying, "Man, the F430 is my dream car! If Ferrari could only make it a little less extreme, and then sell it for under $50,000..."

...theeeeeen it wouldn't even be close to being "a Ferrari". Nor would a Desmo be a Desmo if Ducati had to cut over 75% of it's cost. It would be a 1098.

Think McFly, think.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
that is the tits!!!!!! fark me .... the bimotos always cost a little more then the duke R models... but they are on the whole a better ride.. awesome bike!

man that would be fast!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not true. Have you ever watched World Superbike (liter bikes) and World Supersport (600s)?
You assume that the people testing the bikes and us little guys buying them are in the top 2 percentile of riders who ride the track (most sport bike riders don't) who can actually use the full potential of either a litre or 600cc bike. :) Personally I run a 600RR, my honey rides an RC-51, and a friend that races CCS rides a Triumph 675 and we were all roasted by 7+ seconds consistantly by a 12 year old on a 250 at Willow Springs which is a "litre bike track."

You can brake later on a 600 due to the better engine braking of a bike that revs higher, they are usually a lot lighter (not so much with newer bikes).

The only place a litre bike will lose a 600 is in the straights....and just about everyone on a sport bike can go fast in a straight line...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hahaha, are you serious? That's like saying, "Man, the F430 is my dream car! If Ferrari could only make it a little less extreme, and then sell it for under $50,000..."

...theeeeeen it wouldn't even be close to being "a Ferrari". Nor would a Desmo be a Desmo if Ducati had to cut over 75% of it's cost. It would be a 1098.

Think McFly, think.
You couldn't pull that horsepower out of a honda for 20K + the price of the bike. The Desmodici is a GP bike with an exhaust and a chip that detunes it to 200HP...it is a 280HP bike with the race chip....$70K is a REALLY cheap price tag for that bike.

Sorry to say, while I love Honda with all my heart, when you ride a 1098, you find out why it's $15K....the brake system, the handling, the marchesini wheels, the highly advanced computer system, the aggressive stance with the narrow tank built specially for getting your knee under the lip to pull it over, the single sided swingarm system (not the best for handling, but unique and beautiful)...I've ridden the GSXR1000, not the new CBR1000 yet. I can say that the Gixxer has Stupid power ...but it doesn't stop or turn for anything. But then again so does the Boss Hoss I rode last weekend. Wouldn't buy one of those either.

Honda really needs to step up and go where my least favorite brand (Yamaha) went with the LT and put some serious components on the bike to truly compete with the 1098. Brembo Brake system with steel brake lines, Ohlins suspension (or at least a better suspension for us fatso Americans who weigh more than 160), a race-proven steering dampener (the HSD has been proven to be a bad idea every time a racer gets their hands on it and replaces it with GPR, Scotts, or Ohlins), lighter wheels...They have a great cheap bike....but it will always be that. You add the wheels ($1500-$5000), the braking system ($2500-$3000), the suspension ($1500 for better, $4000 for ameteur competitive, $12K for true race suspension), Steering Dampener($300-$500), etc...all of a sudden the "pricier" bikes start to seem reasonable.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Think McFly, think.
Wow, thanks for that. What I meant was a V4 bike with some of the appeal of the Desmo, not a MotoGp replica, ummkay? Of course they can't sell the Desmo for under 20 grand.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Let's all get along here and agree that it's a beautiful bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts