Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
yea, please please do not buy from bkmoto, no response in three months. **** that guy. I also found the site he sources his china garbage from. lmk if you guys want that site.

·
Registered
903 Posts
To be fair I think BK Moto is all but not in operation these days. When I got my 2012 600RR and came on the forum he was very active. There were a lot of people buying his kits and he was very responsive to any issues anyone had. No one was complaining about the quality of his kits. Most were very happy except for a few who would crack their halo rings on install. I'm not outright defending the guy. In the last year or so he's been a non entity. People buying kits and orders not being delivered or coming very, very slowly. No or slow response to questions or service. Basically he should have suspended his operation until he could give it the engagement it required or just shut down his operation. Yes, now I wouldn't order from BK Moto or enlist his services. From the link above it looks like there's someone on the scene doing proper business in projector retrofits. All the same don't piss on BK Moto. He had a lot of happy customers here and at one time did a great job of supporting his products and services. Just put the word out to ignore him and go elsewhere. No need to be nasty.

·
Registered
208 Posts
To be fair I think BK Moto is all but not in operation these days. When I got my 2012 600RR and came on the forum he was very active. There were a lot of people buying his kits and he was very responsive to any issues anyone had. No one was complaining about the quality of his kits. Most were very happy except for a few who would crack their halo rings on install. I'm not outright defending the guy. In the last year or so he's been a non entity. People buying kits and orders not being delivered or coming very, very slowly. No or slow response to questions or service. Basically he should have suspended his operation until he could give it the engagement it required or just shut down his operation. Yes, now I wouldn't order from BK Moto or enlist his services. From the link above it looks like there's someone on the scene doing proper business in projector retrofits. All the same don't piss on BK Moto. He had a lot of happy customers here and at one time did a great job of supporting his products and services. Just put the word out to ignore him and go elsewhere. No need to be nasty.
Well said. I'll look into making my own mounting plates and sourcing my own parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check out this guy, great person to deal with uses nothing but the best product. he did the 09 cbr.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=scotidi lighting. hes here on the forum too
Not to draw up an old post, but i've had dealings with BKMoto in the past (never a problem), however I decided to contact Scotidi and long story short, he's building a fully custom headlight setup for my bike. Can't wait to see it!!

Matt

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,731 Posts
Not to draw up an old post, but i've had dealings with BKMoto in the past (never a problem), however I decided to contact Scotidi and long story short, he's building a fully custom headlight setup for my bike. Can't wait to see it!!

Matt
his work is great i had it on my show bike now for the track bike he built me a custom sticker of my old headlights lol :D you can tell him arturas sent you his fb page has a bunch of videos of work he done

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my kits from hidextra.com. they aren't so bad. Everything is working so far and I had to call it in with a rep. At first I didn't get a response but they got back to me quick with answers to my concerns. I found a few coupon codes online as well so that help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with @Seksas ... anyone looking to do their headlights, check out Scotidi Lighting He is doing my retrofits right know... Scott uses only brand new Morimoto parts with warranties (not like other companies selling you second hand cheap stuff). Plus he designs each job custom by hand (not a pre-made cheapo kit) I have never come across another company doing a better job and also he is just an awesome guy! I know several people who had their lights done by him years ago and they still refer people to him.

And @George Type-S check out his site! He literally does the best work from etching the HIDs to doing custom backplates, color changing stuff etc... Scotidi.com
Well i don't see his lighting options anymore, did they discontinue that line?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts