Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My logos are not under clear coat. i have a yellow '03. I remember reading a post where some were coated and some weren't. It isn't very hard to look at yours and see if they are coated or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HRC600RR said:
My logos are not under clear coat. i have a yellow '03. I remember reading a post where some were coated and some weren't. It isn't very hard to look at yours and see if they are coated or not.
ahhahhaa. your right it wouldn't be hard if i had one.

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you are asking because you want to buy an '04 and remove all the decals and have an all black bike, it would be easier and cheaper to just buy an '03 and paint the lowers black. much less work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll take a look at mine when I get out to it after work, but I'm almost positive the part where the wing comes onto the tank is clear-coated over, at least.

·
Registered
287 Posts
tank is clearcoated...only thing i believe, probably due to the numerous complaints of last year's model of the paint on the black tank rubbing away....cheap honda bastards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'd be interested in knowing the answer to this question also. the 2003 solid black color scheme was my favorite...i love the stealth look. if i can't find a nice deal on a black '03 model then i'll probably buy the black/grey '04 model and remove the wings. assuming the decals are above the clearcoat, how difficult is it to remove the stickers without leaving a sticky residue or any trace of stickers on the paint?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
wing part on tank is under clearcoat. the rest is easily peeled off. Probably have to clean the residue unless you peel really carefully and slowly. WHen I removed the decals on my 2001 gs500 they peeled off and left no residue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my bad...i've been running in and out so my post was sitting idle in a window for a while before i submitted it. i guess my questions were addressed during that time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts