Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine was wondering if this bike is any more comfortable then a 600RR or comparable. Anyone here have or has had one?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not at all a fair comparison. Blackbirds were more sport/touring oriented. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) The riding style on the RR is going to be more aggressive without a doubt. But the blackbirds weigh a ton. I can ride my rr for hrs and im 36 yrs old. I would go with the rr unless you want to 1/4 mile the bb or they just run straight lines.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The Blackbird is a big, heavy bike by comarison......a sport tourer. Great for covering a lot of miles, with a butter smooth motor that makes a lot of torque. VERY fast and will run away from a 600rr in a straight line, but feel lumbering by comparison in the twisties.

The reach to the bars is longer, but the bars are a bit higher so it's a good bit more comfortable than the RR. Shorter riders may find the reach a bit too much.

The two bikes have a very different mission.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not at all a fair comparison. Blackbirds were more sport/touring oriented. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) The riding style on the RR is going to be more aggressive without a doubt. But the blackbirds weigh a ton. I can ride my rr for hrs and im 36 yrs old. I would go with the rr unless you want to 1/4 mile the bb or they just run straight lines.
He doesn't want a bike as sporty as the rr. He wants something more comfortable. He was originally looking at an intercepter but found a black bird on cl for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Blackbird is a big, heavy bike by comarison......a sport tourer. Great for covering a lot of miles, with a butter smooth motor that makes a lot of torque. VERY fast and will run away from a 600rr in a straight line, but feel lumbering by comparison in the twisties.

The reach to the bars is longer, but the bars are a bit higher so it's a good bit more comfortable than the RR. Shorter riders may find the reach a bit too much.

The two bikes have a very different mission.
Thanks that helps a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts