Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at mags yesterday and couldn't believe the cover of Super Streetbike. WTF!!! :wtf:

easily the most irresponsible photo for a cover of a magazine I have ever seen. :nono:

can't find a link to it, and i sure as hell am not going to buy it, but let me paint you this picture: endo, shorts, tank top. ON THE COVER!!!!

I just find that completely rediculous. I'd write them, but i'm sure i would only come off like a safty nazi. grrrrrr.....

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly, and while i understand that the publisher of sport rider and motorcyclist would want to reach out to the stunt crowd, i guess i would hope that they would do so in a way that promotes gear and responibility on the street. I guess that's too much to ask. :roll:

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
well, you gotta remember, these stunters have stunt so much and got pretty accustomed to their skills and know that they wont go over their limits just for a picture, so he didnt wear any gear in the cover. but who ever said that they dont wear any proper gear when their practicing.

i mean, yeah that is very irresponsible. but you gotta remember they have been doing this for awhile.

oh yeah, that was darius khashabi, he's very prominent in the stunting community. and since i am one of them (i wear gear so dont get all offensive) i wanna say my two cents.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
wearing gear "some of the time" doesn't help those accidents that happen "some of the time". the most experienced riders and stunters ALL GO DOWN, and wearing gear ALL OF THE TIME is the only way to make sure that you're prepared for that "some of the time" accident. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Panda, that's fine. but the people buying it, and looking at it on the newstand aren't pros, they're the ones looping their bikes over on main street and giving me a bad name.

and look, i don't want to start a stunt vs. track thread, i'm just saying that a publisher should relize the influence it has, and if its gonna do a stunt mag it should push gear and responsibity on the street. From what i can tell it does to the second part--showing the comps and empty parking lot stuff--but no gear on the cover!? i'm mad about that. i'm sorry, but i am.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
RelfF2 said:
Panda, that's fine. but the people buying it, and looking at it on the newstand aren't pros, they're the ones looping their bikes over on main street and giving me a bad name.

and look, i don't want to start a stunt vs. track thread, i'm just saying that a publisher should relize the influence it has, and if its gonna do a stunt mag it should push gear and responsibity on the street. From what i can tell it does to the second part--showing the comps and empty parking lot stuff--but no gear on the cover!? i'm mad about that. i'm sorry, but i am.
each to their own man...natural selection at its finest. Some dumbass wants to go out and do something stupid...you have to pay for your mistakes. Its the same with anything.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eazy e, yeah, i hear ya. i just hate to think i get lumped in with this crowd. i mean, its gotten to the point where I have a bad opinion of the sportbike riders i see, and i am one! plus, its not like thier actions dont affect me more concretly...:cough: insurance :cough:....

H

·
0 Posts
i think it is fine... it is good marketing... and that is the name of the game.. if you feel that this should be censored then we would have to do the same for every mag... you can easily make that same claim about sports... you should a pic of a guy playing football and then some dumbass goes and get hurts trying to be a pro in the backyard w/ some friends...

you have to market what sells... and today it is stunting... ppl love to see it... to read about it... i know i do... you cannot publish something without someone taking it too far and getting hurt... i mean you out a pic of a guy on a track... so he is wearing gear... bug deal.... i am sure that you can still get hurt, really hurt w/ gear on while you are on the track...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whow, no one said anything about censership...i'm talking about the mag relizing its own influence and responsibilty...and i also want to make sure you understand I'm not coming down on stunting. Just let me get back to my orginal point one more time: i still don't think it right for a mag to use a shorts and tank-top clad rider on the cover. right? i mean, no one here rides in shorts! we would all call squid on that so fast...and thier not just putting it in the mag...thier using it to sell the issue.

H

·
0 Posts
yup, but just let me get back to my orginal point one more time: i still don't think it right for a mag to use a shorts and tank-top clad rider on the cover. right? i mean, no one here rides in shorts! we would all call squid on that so fast...and thier not just putting it in the mag...thier using it to sell the issue.
you would surprised how many ppl ride like that... maybe not where you are from... but out here i see it all the time... it have become common place...

you call ppl w/o gear squids.... and they call ppl w/ gear lame... fags (not literally)...

·
Registered
79 Posts
panda_stunter said:
well, you gotta remember, these stunters have stunt so much and got pretty accustomed to their skills and know that they wont go over their limits just for a picture, so he didnt wear any gear in the cover. but who ever said that they dont wear any proper gear when their practicing.

i mean, yeah that is very irresponsible. but you gotta remember they have been doing this for awhile.

oh yeah, that was darius khashabi, he's very prominent in the stunting community. and since i am one of them (i wear gear so dont get all offensive) i wanna say my two cents.
what about the the younger kids who want to ride and they see this SHAT all over. Its hard enough to make people understand about rding gear.................. :-x

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well said Craig but, publishers, movie studio's and so fourth all have a limited obligation, but more IMPORTANTLY it is the obligation of the parents of these squids to instill in their children the importance of safety and to place some value on their lives. So that when someone does look at a cover like this they think to themselves wow that is a really dumb thing to do; not to say wow I need to go out and replicate it. This same thing is true of that Jack A$$ show and so fourth. It all starts in the home, and truly that is where all of the responsibility lies.

H

·
0 Posts
what about the the younger kids who want to ride and they see this SHAT all over. Its hard enough to make people understand about rding gear..................

i am sad to say it, but some ppl have to learn the hard way... i use to ride w/o gear when i was young... now i wear gear... i have a good buddy and refuses to wear his gear... he knows the risk... i tell him the risk, but when it comes down to it ppl need to learn on their own... no level of education will help if someone is set in their ways...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
exactly, and while i understand that the publisher of sport rider and motorcyclist would want to reach out to the stunt crowd, i guess i would hope that they would do so in a way that promotes gear and responibility on the street. I guess that's too much to ask.

naaaaa, they just know that group get through more bikes, and skin grafts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Before you bash that magazine maybe you should read it!! ALL of the stunters that they promote in the magazine say that they keep it off the streets! Helll they even did a spread and the guy said that he didn't ride on the street at all. He trailers his bikes to practice spots and the competitions. Now I do agree that him not wearing gear on the cover is not a good thing but the kids that read the magazine hear about wearing gear and not stunting on the street. The magazine is trying to promote responsible stunting. And that magazine isn't all about stunting. They spotlight nice bikes, sure they are more showy than a race bike ie. slammed, chromed, Nos'd Busa's. Now quite getting your panties in a bunch over this!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts