Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

So i bought a 2004 Honda CBR600RR the other day, 14k miles, beautiful shape, and in the guys driveway the blinkers and everything worked, but somewhere between his house and the ride home the blinkers stopped working and the horn doesn't either and i don't believe the brake light will light up (running light works, just doesn't flash when brake is applied), so my question is, where is the fuse box? he told me he thinks its probably a fuse, nothing is aftermarket with tailights/brakelight, and i am sure there is a short in the system somewhere, any info is appreciated!! thanks so much!

2004 Honda CBR600RR
520 Conversion
HID Headlights
PCMIII
Full Jardine headers and Exhaust
Track Suspension w/ adjustable gas chamber

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Right side of the bike if you take off the fat middle screw that hold the middle fairing you can pull on the fairing slightly then you will see ( black box (tool holder) ) & right above it is the fuse box

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2007. Intermittently, it keeps blowing the turn signal/horn/brake light fuse. I've stocked up on my 10A fuses, so whenever it blows I have to pull over and change it out. Let me know what you find!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same problem with my 2007. Intermittently, it keeps blowing the turn signal/horn/brake light fuse. I've stocked up on my 10A fuses, so whenever it blows I have to pull over and change it out. Let me know what you find!
I tested it with the spare 10 and it seems to blow when i use the horn? or maybe it is just coincidence, so i threw a 20 amp in there (YES I KNOW, BAD IDEA) but im just going to avoid the horn and maybe do some digging and see if there is a short somewhere

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to mention i can click my blinker to the left but not to the right? i am not sure why, the little thing you move with your thumb just does not want to go to the right...super confused at this point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tested it with the spare 10 and it seems to blow when i use the horn? or maybe it is just coincidence, so i threw a 20 amp in there (YES I KNOW, BAD IDEA) but im just going to avoid the horn and maybe do some digging and see if there is a short somewhere
If it only pops the fuse when the horn is used, then there is definitely a short in the horn. Inspect the wire running from the horn button to the horn itself and go from there. With a 20A fuse in there in place of the normal 10A, you'll surely find where the short is haha! My bike seems to pop the fuse if I use my left blinker only. Maybe over the winter I'll remove all the bodywork and trace these wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts