Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is an 05 600rr with slip on, flushmounts(led), motodynamic IT. I am trying to figure out what is going on with my blinkers not blinking in the HUD. I know the lights are fine as they light up when I power on the bike (when the fuel pump primes and the tach tests itself). The actual blinkers on the bike do work but the right side will not flash in the HUD. This is only on the right side. Actually I take that back. This happend one time on the left side too on the way back from the gym the other day but it fixed itself before I made it home. Any idea's on what to check? I don't think its a fuse because all the lights work indicating a complete circuit.

RECAP
1. all lights on HUD are operational
2. when switching on the right blinker they (flushmount and tail) come on but the HUD does not indicate that they are on.
3. this also happened to the left side once but fixed it self before it got home.
4. i do not have any resisters that I know of

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds like you need resistors or you have them and they are fouling up. Do you have led front and rear or just front?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You need to replace the flasher relay. Thread on here how to do it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zlow - LFMAO at low blinker fluid.... I'll be sure to top it off with my next oil change!!
Motor - wouldnt the light just stay solid or blink really fast if I needed resisters?
Tripage - I'll search for that thread and give it a read. That sounds like a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You have to do that way, your relay is in your cluster. T

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I really didnt want to spice wires but oh well. Can you link the part I need from your website?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I installed the flasher relay and everything is working as it should except I still have the same problem. Im guessing I have a jacked up wire somewhere as the previous owner downed the bike. Where should I begin to look?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Remove front/rear signals and inspect wiring on all 4 sides. Most likely the problem is on the right side. Start with those.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know the IT is good as I wired it myslelf (more than once lol) so that eliminates that. The front LEDs look like they were wire tapped on. Could it be a bad connection there even though they still operate?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If the cluster isn't responding then maybe the led is bad in the cluster. If the signal is working and the cluster isn't then that will narrow down the search. T

·
Registered
339 Posts
This EXACT problem happened to me and my cluster was unplugged ever so slightly. Push the plug in tight and everything went back to normal.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The orange indicators work in the cluster for both sides. I know the left side works as it functions normal (blinks when i use the turn signal). I know the right side is good as on startup that side lights up but it does not blink when the turn signal is used. Is there a way to check that connection without removing the front cowl?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The orange indicators work in the cluster for both sides. I know the left side works as it functions normal (blinks when i use the turn signal). I know the right side is good as on startup that side lights up but it does not blink when the turn signal is used. Is there a way to check that connection without removing the front cowl?
I was able to just take the windscreen off and get to the back of it. It was a really simple fix though. But seriously, every single problem you've described is exactly what my bike was doing to. Plus I have an 06 so our bikes are identical.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked at it before I rode to the gym. I'll try that when I get home an post an update.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Problem solved! Thanks for all the help. I can't believe it was that connection. It wasn't even lose and didn't make any noise when I pushed on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts