Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the left blinker indicator on my gauge cluster just shorted out and it doesn't tell me when my left blinker is blinking so i've been leaving it on a lot. the signals still come on and blink at a normal rate, it just doesn't work on the gauge. i thought the led was out so i was going to break it open and change my colors and such, but i just noticed that when i turn the key on, it lights up with the start up. does this mean that the circuit board is shorted somewhere? or that one of the paths is broken? because the led works on the start up, but not when the signals are blinking. any way to fix this?

i am worried because if i go through the trouble of changing my leds, then it still won't work because it isn't the led out, but the board.

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Skizzo:

Got the same problem on an 06...di you ever firgure it out?

Bandit

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, and man did I feel stupid when I figured it out. Turns out that the plug in the back of the instrument cluster wasn't fully seated to the cluster. Pull it off and when you reattach it, make sure you do it as straight as possible and once you are sure that it is aligned correctly, push it in hard and seat it fully. That solved my problem and it happened again after I installed my gear indicator, and I fixed it the same way. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Skizzo

Looks like we had the same problem...your fix worked! Thanks for the heads-up!

Bandit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts