Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i took apart my upper fairing so i can fix my buttons in my dash and now my blinkers dont work at all any reason why ? could the dash plug not be in all the way? a few days before that i put some cat eye rear blinkers on and they were workin and all of a sudden my front and rear blinkers dont work please help me

·
Registered
190 Posts
When you were installing your new blinkers, did you have to strip back wire? Or did they mount to stock wiring? If so, is it possible you left any wires bare (they may have grounded /shorted). It is possible something you unplugged for your blinkers in the harness may be the issue as well.

BTW this should probably be in the troubleshooting forum.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply im about to check it out i think it might be the ground so im gonna have to take my rear fairing off and check it out but again thanks alot if anyone else has any thoughts please let me kno

·
Registered
190 Posts
You're welcome, hope you find something...I get the joy of pulling my tail off later to re-solder a resistor so mine will blink right again haha

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yea its fun i just got done i re wired it but now my left blinks fast and my right blinks slow screw it i guess but i think the problem was from the dash cuz it didnt work till i messed with the dash it was loose a little bit but i will mess with it later thanks for the help man and good luck with urs

·
Registered
543 Posts
prolly already figured it out... but if the harness on the back of the cluster is not plugged in properly that WILL most deffinately cause your signals to malfunction. unplug it and plug it back in if you have to.

the speed of the flash has nothing to do with the cluster though. thats all in the voltage going to the lights and what they require. keep in mind that all four signals work together, well the right side does and the left. so if one is not right then they both will not function properly. if they short out they could flash by themselves, but a fuse will take everything out.

hope that helps...

-Aaron

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea unpluggin the cluster then plugin it back in worked but yea both left side blinkers flash quickly oh well no biggy u kno?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts