Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 600rr and the blinkers aren’t working on the cluster or showing any type of life, fuse is okay

thanks in advance

·
Registered
369 Posts
If front and back blinkers aren't working and indicator isn't lighting on cluster it has to be something at beginning of the circuit or, more likely, with the handle bar switch. Take it apart and clean it and make sure all the wires are making connection.

Replace the fuse even if it looks good. If you tested it for continuity and it passed then this isn't necessary. Check at the fuse box to see if a wire is pulled out. Turn a blinker on and push around on the wires at the fuse box and at the main plug to the cluster to see if you can get something to come on.

Does it have the stock blinkers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that’s what I was thinking of doing this week when I have the chance, No they are some no name aftermarket ones that came on the bike when I got it
I did notice that some of the wiring looked chopped up in a few places when I was looking around the bike , hopefully it’s not

·
Registered
369 Posts
This really sounds like something at the switch.

I've installed a lot of blinkers on many different bikes. They can give you fits. Certain ones (usually LED type going on a bike that had regular bulbs) just won't play nice. I've even had it where I do one, check it, works fine. I do the second one and now neither work.

Has to do with total resistance in the circuit. If too great or too low they won't work, or blink at odd speeds..

Doesn't sound like your case though because for me the cluster always still blinked. Yours is not activating the circuit at all.

You can test a turn signal by connecting it directly to a 12v battery, with alligator clips or small pin wire connectors. Won't harm anything.

·
Registered
2018 S1000RR Blue/White/Carbon 2015 R3 Red/White 2006 CBR600RR (blacked out)
37 Posts
The blinkers are affected by resistance and when you use LED bulbs they can sometimes blink very fast due to the lower resistance, This is why aftermarket signals will sometimes come with inline resistors you have to install to correct the flash rate.

If you have no signals on the cluster or the bike then you likely have a switch problem. After the switch you may want to investigate your signal relay which is after the fuse and after the switch. The switch activates the control side of the relay which in turns powers the circuit which controls the signals as requested (left of right)

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Which signal flasher relay do you have? If you don't have enough resistance on the led signals and using the factory flasher they may not turn on. Just something to check, check the easy things first then get into the hard parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 2015 600rr and the blinkers aren’t working on the cluster or showing any type of life, fuse is okay

thanks in advance
Have you tried a different flasher unit? It's by the battery with all the relays. You can test it by running a jumper wire from the battery to the positive terminal of the flasher unit if you know what you're doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts