Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Since I've got my bike my blinkers haven't blinked, they just stay solid. Just got my flush LED signals in the front as well as a blinker relay from TSTIndustries, installed it, and all it does is make the lights dimmer? Seems like it actually cuts power from them instead of making them blink. Any ideas what the issue is here?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would make sure that u spliced in the new lights to the correct wire. There should be there wires in the front. Blinker, running light, ground. I would take a guess and say that you or the previous owner has it spliced into only the running light and ground and nothing hooked up to the actual blinker wire. Just a guess from here though. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would make sure that u spliced in the new lights to the correct wire. There should be there wires in the front. Blinker, running light, ground. I would take a guess and say that you or the previous owner has it spliced into only the running light and ground and nothing hooked up to the actual blinker wire. Just a guess from here though. Good luck.
I only have two wires going to each light, but the lights I bought only have two as well, so I'm a little confused.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That doesn't seem right. What year is your bike?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The aftermarket lights that you bought may not be meant to serve as running lights and blinkers so that would explain the 2 wires there. The bike on the other hand should have 3 wires coming out of the harness. 1 for the blinker, 1 for the running light, and 1 for the ground. Thats how my 2009 is set up anyways. I wouldn't imagine that an '03 would be any different. Here is a wiring diagram that I found for you. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The aftermarket lights that you bought may not be meant to serve as running lights and blinkers so that would explain the 2 wires there. The bike on the other hand should have 3 wires coming out of the harness. 1 for the blinker, 1 for the running light, and 1 for the ground. Thats how my 2009 is set up anyways. I wouldn't imagine that an '03 would be any different. Here is a wiring diagram that I found for you. Good luck.
Well I wouldn't be surprised if it's been tampered with, the headlight harness was switched to H7 connectors/bulbs without the top light as well, had to fix that already. Any easy way to make them blink without having to remove all of my fairings? Just throw in resistors? I think I'd rather run it without blinkers then have to remount all my bodywork, took multiple days

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry bro but that is outside my skill and experience so I don't if that can be done or not. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
U.S bike has 3 wires up front. Do you have the running/signals wired together? If you are in the U.S./Canada I would guess and say that is your problem. Here is the fix to give you running/signals on a 2 wire signal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts