Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice out but decided to work on the bike and get some stuff on the checklist out of the way. Got her on the rear stand and did the spark plugs and obviously a rad flush because I am there already. Cleaned, lubed, and adjusted the chain. My final task after a couple of hours of work and buttoning up the body panels was to adjust the clutch. Tightened her up turned on the bike pulled in the clutch and put it in gear, it stalls. Did it again with the same results, after the third try I start cursing and back away before I break some s**t. Sit down staring at the bike and finally realize the damn kickstand is down!!!:retard: All the hard work out of the way and the smallest thing kicks my a**.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice out but decided to work on the bike and get some stuff on the checklist out of the way. Got her on the rear stand and did the spark plugs and obviously a rad flush because I am there already. Cleaned, lubed, and adjusted the chain. My final task after a couple of hours of work and buttoning up the body panels was to adjust the clutch. Tightened her up turned on the bike pulled in the clutch and put it in gear, it stalls. Did it again with the same results, after the third try I start cursing and back away before I break some s**t. Sit down staring at the bike and finally realize the damn kickstand is down!!!:retard: All the hard work out of the way and the smallest thing kicks my a**.

:haha::laughing1

I think we've all done that... put it into gear and *stall.* or I've thumbed the starter a few times, wondering WTF is going on when the bike won't turn over, only to see I didn't flip the kill switch. :retard:

·
Registered
76 Posts
:haha::laughing1

I think we've all done that... put it into gear and *stall.* or I've thumbed the starter a few times, wondering WTF is going on when the bike won't turn over, only to see I didn't flip the kill switch. :retard:
Done that as well.....I felt so stupid.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
thats awesome!! LoL.

yesterday my wife and i left the coffee shop and she popped her ninja in gear without holding in the clutch and stalled the bike LoL

·
Registered
277 Posts
never done the kill switch but i did the kickstand the other day. i sat on it for so long before i started riding i figured it must have been up by now lol

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
being an instructor has literally forced my brain to get on my bike, put up my kickstand, turn my key, hit the switch, pull in the clutch and hit the starter. even when i get on my bike and then put my gloves on i still put the kickstand up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've did the same thing too. And I have went to take off and I put it in gear and then put the stand up, but people think I stalled it so I feel like an idiot

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha it totally strips all the gratification from doing all that work instantly. Oh well got to caught up in what I was doing to pay attention to the small details. You live you learn

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's always the small stuff that hurts the most...

·
Registered
46 Posts
yup I concur I definitely have done it.
Another ironic thing is I'll get gas, push my lid down on my tank, get the whole way home and see that the tab is still sticking up. lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup I concur I definitely have done it.
Another ironic thing is I'll get gas, push my lid down on my tank, get the whole way home and see that the tab is still sticking up. lol
LOL Thats awesome, I have yet to do that!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes i'm blonde and did that! Was trying for 10 mins to start it up before i had the kickstand revelation!... derrrr me!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
lol yea its happened to me also xD

·
Registered
151 Posts
I never use the kill switch so on the odd occasion it gets flipped during cleaning etc, it usually takes me a while to figure out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Second day I had my bike I did that. I messed with the clutch for a while and got really frustrated and ended up leaving my bike at a friends house nearby. Came home and searched my question and thats how I found .net. Every question I've had since has been answered here. This place can save a lot of frustration with the little problems like that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts