Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody blow a fuse on the combo multimeter (Tach, speedo, etc.)?

I'm in the process of installing the motographics regular flushmounts (which are a bitch BTW b/c the light housing sticks out about a 1/4" too far, necessitating a little dremel work tonight :x )

Anyway, I flicked on the bike to check something and blam! the fuse blew. Checked it and yep it was. Put the spare fuse in and blam! again :banghead: The only thin I can think of is that somehow the connector came loose and that's what I'll be checking on, I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

I don't think the loose signal wires should have anything to do with this b/c they're on a separate fuse.

Any help is appreciated Thanks!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
You might have a short somewhere in your install. How did you hook up the new signals? I'm sure it's your wiring. Get new fuses and try dissconnecting the turn signals, then try to turn it on. Then if it turns on without blowing a fuse then you know it's the turnsignals or your connection to the signals.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights aren't installed yet and the loose wires are taped over and not touching anything. And the signals are not on the same fuse, the multimeter has its own fuse. hmmmmm... its gotta be a loose connection somewhere, was hoping not to take off the front fairing to fid it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts