Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CBR 600 F4i, 2004
My "dash" fuse (speedo, tach, gas, tail light) keeps on blowing, in fact melted the fuse panel, also the head light fuse is getting hot, almost melting, I have stripped the bike down, checked everywhere, cannot find a blank wire ...can you believe this? Bike is completly stock.
Sometimes the dash shows upon turning on the ignition the whole fireworks of flashing dashlights, sometimes the signal lights work, sometimes they don't, intermittent, with engine running, I am at my wits end. Bike runs well, just have no panel readouts, d.h. no gas gauge, speedo, tacho etc. And of course no tail light, that worries me the most ...
I am new to this forum, searched for an hour, but only find solutions wrt. blown fuses .... my fuses keep on blowing and I have not been able to detect short out .... I am somewhat experienced .....is there a chance that the ECM is screwed up?
uli

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
I would remove all the components and plug them in one at a time and check the fuse after each install. When you find the component that blows a fuse then you have found one of the problems. A volt meter and a owners manual will help out because you know the color wires and know what they do. T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the manual and the voltmeter and have disconnected almost everything from the harness ..... and yes it happened out of the blue. I suspect now that it is somewhere in the black/brown (+) power line that I am grounding out. But before pulling the harness I wanted to be sure that this is not some common flaw with the 600 F4i. In a way it is good news if it is not the ECM or such. Any ideas let me know,
u

1 - 4 of 4 Posts