Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so the background. It's an '03 CBR600RR with 27,000km on the clock and in damn good condition, no previous rattles or noises. Had some work done on the bike prior to a trackday, and it was noticed that the bike was running a little hot (but nothing crazy) and also that there was a little too much engine oil.

So I thought nothing about it and did a track day (bad idea). After a few sessions screaming down the back straight at ~13,500rpm there was a bang and the engine cut. So I grabbed the clutch and free-wheeled back down to the pitlane.

Upon inspection it appears the seal on the oil filter has blown, and the engine temp was 113 degrees (on a 24 degree day). Let the bike cool down and tried a restart, the bike did start, however with a horrible mechanical crunching sound and then stalls.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea's what might be the problem? I'm thinking timing chain/valves at the moment, but haven;t had chance to take it apart.

D

·
0 Posts
There's no real way to tell without opening up the engine. Maybe you dropped a valve.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
awww man crunching sound does not sound good at all....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts