Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have looked and seen some pics of wrapped pipes, most done in black and saw one in red - anyone have blue wrapped their exhaust/pipe, preferably on a blue/silver 07? :popcorn:

any draw back on wrapping, and wrapping with stuff from ebay? :ponder:

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and SS? :ponder:

·
Registered
509 Posts
No I heard the S/S pipes were fine. Others talk about the extra heat can help, others say it can cause undue engine wear. Honestly I don't know about either but the fact i have a CF pipe was enough to keep me from wrapping. So now I have exhaust wrap collecting dust. Haha .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What color where you gonna wrap yours?
I'm thinking of wrapping my stock blue, but am not sure 100% yet...

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, hopefully someone was brave enough to try the blue color on theirs and can post up some pics :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I thought about wrapping once but heard that it gets mucky when ridden in the rain. I've been thinking of ceramic coating the mid pipe and heat shield blue instead. I mocked this up the other day to see if I'd like it (not my bike).

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks pretty cool, being in SoCal I might be able to get away with the wrap if I decide on it but think the blue, from your pic, looks good :thumbup: or do i go black or even red, lol... will need to photoshop the 3 and put side by side :ponder:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Definitely digging that blue. Actually since I removed the heat shields and have the pipe exposed I grew fond of the gold tint the s/s pipe turns. And since I am in Monterey I do not have to worry too much about excess heat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No I heard the S/S pipes were fine. Others talk about the extra heat can help, others say it can cause undue engine wear. Honestly I don't know about either but the fact i have a CF pipe was enough to keep me from wrapping. So now I have exhaust wrap collecting dust. Haha .

How exactly could it cause undue engine wear? Sorry new to modifying.

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looked at my bike today and will not be wrapping the pipe... I'll just wait till I can get my hands on a slip-on.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You have chosen wisely my friend

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I won't lie tho. I'd like to see how it looks.

Haha, yeah. I was only gonna do it for the look but unless I was to take some stuff of the bike it would not even be visible from the sides.... So will just pass, unless I see someone with same bike with blue and I like it too much not to do it... :crackup:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I have been told that wrapping a pipe insulates it - so heat does not bake off to the atmosphere. This causes a higher exhaust gas temp, and will burn/cook the packing inside a muffler at a much faster rate than normal. So I have heard of wrapping cooking a can before, but not causing engine damage... (unless temps were getting so high that they affect the exhaust phase of a four stroke in some way)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts