Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes it will fit in a full face helmet. What sucks is that its only a headset without any radio capabilities and you have a big a** boom mike sticking out the side that curves in to reach your mouth. Very poor design. Saw it at Laguna. If you want just a headset Dainese makes a helmet with built in bluetooth.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
tweaker said:
Damn fox thanks for the info. I have been looking for somthing like this! Get rid of my chatterbox!

Dainese B-toof Helmet

Anyone know a good place to get this helmet?
The only thing is a chatterbox can cover some distrance. Bluetooth doesn't. It's very short range to that's why it's used with phones as of now vice using it as a chatterbox type item.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but the btooth works for 10 meters away from the phone source..meaning you could use your cell around the house w/o having it on you, but if you wanted to go on a ride you would need to at least have the phone on you. if you are gonna carry your phone it makes sense to take advantage of the convinience of btooth technology. with the chatterbox isn't that more or less just a radio meant to be used between two people w/the same setup?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Seks said:
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,75,00.html

Anyone has this or look at this before?

I am still curious if the HS850 will fit in a full-faced helmet.

the HS850 will not work in any helmet that covers the ears. i dont have one to try but i do own a Sony Ericsson HBH-660 and the HS850 is about the same thinkness. your best bet is to use the HS830 that is decribed in your link in a full face helmet. that's the pendent thingy they were referring to. all the circuit board and stuff reside on the pendent you wear like a necklace and a wire with the mic and the earbud you wear plug into the pendent. and you will need to somehow wire the mic piece close to your mouth inside the helmet.

you will also need to have the pendent handy incase a call comes in since the answer and end button is on the pendent.

·
Registered
585 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
The only thing is a chatterbox can cover some distrance. Bluetooth doesn't. It's very short range to that's why it's used with phones as of now vice using it as a chatterbox type item.
Bluetooth and chatterbox are completely two different things. Bluetooth is a technology used as a way of having two electronic items connected to one another for item to item communication via specific radio waves. Chatterbox is mainly a radio transmitter that is a lot more powerful for two people to communicate from one to the other.

More info on bluetooth here: http://www.swedetrack.com/usblue1.htm

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have a bluetooth headset that goes along with my phone and I was pretty excited about it until I found out that auto answer will not work with the bluetooth technology. So if you are looking into it for the purpose of being able to receive calls while on your bike you might want to check that out before purchasing it. I ended up having to go and just buy a mic with a cord to enable the Auto answer to work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
bluetooth headsets will not work well inside a motorcycle helmet. whenever i use my headset or talk to someone using bluetooth, it picks up A LOT of background noise. it is very sensitive and you hear excessive background noise especially in cars. if you try sticking that in your helmet, you'll pick up all the noise coming from the road and all the wind coming through. it's good if you're stopped, but if you're going to try to talk and ride, it'll be horrible for the other person you're talking to.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Whats the deal with Chatterbox's bluetooth setup? its only been delayed by like how many years? 2? 3? I can find plenty of press releases from 04 in many different languages on the net, but no updated info.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wish more people had telapathic powers like myself and that would solve everything. I am still looking for at least one other person...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Easy Mulder... Where is Agent Scully?

·
Registered
194 Posts
yipperzz said:
bluetooth headsets will not work well inside a motorcycle helmet. whenever i use my headset or talk to someone using bluetooth, it picks up A LOT of background noise. it is very sensitive and you hear excessive background noise especially in cars. if you try sticking that in your helmet, you'll pick up all the noise coming from the road and all the wind coming through. it's good if you're stopped, but if you're going to try to talk and ride, it'll be horrible for the other person you're talking to.
Aside from the background noise, it hurts like HELL. I tried that the other week and got about halfway to where I was going and had to stop and take it out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
BDiddy said:
You guys need to get this one when it comes out:

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=133

Motorola H5. Inner ear microphone so no more outside noise...
that'll help on your side of the conversation, but it will still be very sensitive to outside noise on the other side of the call. so whoever you're talking to will barely be able to hear you because of the outside noise associated with riding a bike. i suggest you guys either pull over or use the phone another time. it's much safer too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Please tell me you guys wont be taking phone calls while riding if so let me know where you live so I can stay the hell away

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
silvrr600 said:
Please tell me you guys wont be taking phone calls while riding if so let me know where you live so I can stay the hell away
I use to, until the wife kept calling and calling and calling.
Since riding is my time I had to stop using it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts