Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to get a bluetooth to listen to music, get GPS directions and intercom with my buddies.

Is there a system that you can switch back and forth between intercom and music streaming? I was looking at the Sena SMH-10 unit as some of my buddies already have it and other Sena products. They mentioned that you can only do either stream music or intercom as you would have to pair the devices each time if you wanted to intercom.

Is there such a system where you can switch between the different functions?

·
Macedonian Racer
1,345 Posts
I haven't used any bluetooth headsets so can't help you there... But I did want to give you advice not to use one for music.
Music is a distraction on a bike especially a suspersport bike. Far better to be aware of your surroundings while on a bike...

·
Registered
433 Posts
my girlfriend and i both have the smh10 and it has been pretty reliable. primary reason was for the intercom so i could help coach her while riding and just obvious safety reasons. awesome being able to call and answer calls on the fly. and listening to music while solo is also pretty rad.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I haven't used any bluetooth headsets so can't help you there... But I did want to give you advice not to use one for music.
Music is a distraction on a bike especially a suspersport bike. Far better to be aware of your surroundings while on a bike...
I ride with music all the time and don't feel distracted. It actually seems to keep me zoned in mentally. I think I attribute some of that to being a musician.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@warleswill

I tried riding with my wired headphones. I was under the impression that I would be distracted by the music. But the opposite, I felt that I was concentrating on the road more. Especially when the roads were long and straight, it kept me from being bored per se. When the road became more interesting I seemed to tune the music out. The only thing I didnt like about the wired headset was trying to find the button to try and change the volume.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Not sure how I could ride without my SMH-10. Can chat with the wife when she is with me, take phone calls, or just listen to music by myself or share it with her if she is on the back. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I ride with music all the time, but I have helmet speakers so I can still hear what's going on around me. Never with earbuds.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Got a set of SMH-5's gif the wife and I and for me to get call on when I commute on the bike. Love them, though the headphone sound quality isn't stellar but I didn't buy them to be rocking out so that works for me just fine.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I recommend Sena SMH-10. You can look on YouTube for reviews. I'm not sure what you mean by "pairing the devices each time you wanted to intercom". You only need to pair with your friend's device once, it's only a matter of a push of a button to connect and talk to them. Push the same button to disconnect and go back to your music. If your friends wanted to talk to you while you're listening to music, the music will stop and allow you to talk to your friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts