Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a thread earlier about GPS mounts. Got me thinking about mounting my droid since I can download GPS apps. And that got me thinking about setting up a bluetooth headset in my helmet to make calls (not while driving of course) and listen to music with my helmet on. I know there are Bluetooth helmets out there but has anyone retrofitted a bluetooth headset into their existing helmet???

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a low price, lol. How's the sound quality for music? I've thought about dismantling an old headset I have but haven't tried yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think its fine, but I have no exp. with anything else. The music sounds great! like its in your head. Call qual. is decent. The call qual. will also depend on your helmet and how much air is running through that thing. I listen to music from my phone, call comes in, auto answer or manual answer with a button on the helmet, talk, hang up and music resumes.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Check out the link below. My friend has the Cardo Scala Communicator and he says it's awesome although he doesnt really have anything to compare it to. It even prioritizes the feed so for example if you are on the phone and your GPS tells you to turn left, it will interrupt the conversation so you dont miss your turn.
The only complaint that he had is that it's tough to have a conversation at highway speeds due to wind noise.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/motorcycle-bluetooth-intercom-review.htm

·
Registered
293 Posts
Check out the link below. My friend has the Cardo Scala Communicator and he says it's awesome although he doesnt really have anything to compare it to. It even prioritizes the feed so for example if you are on the phone and your GPS tells you to turn left, it will interrupt the conversation so you dont miss your turn.
The only complaint that he had is that it's tough to have a conversation at highway speeds due to wind noise.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/motorcycle-bluetooth-intercom-review.htm
I 2nd the Scala Rider system. Been using one for almost a year now. MP3 player hookup works great, even has 6 radio station presets. The lady and I use helmet to helmet intercom often when we ride together, range is quite good. I do agree that phone conversations at highway speeds are difficult though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use the Chatter Box XBI Awesome Quality. I use the bluetooth for phone and sound quality is great even on Highway. It has the noise canceling so when I am talking, people on the other end can not tell I am on my bike. I use the 3.5mm jack for ipod better sound quality than bluetooth for this device. Price is little high at 150.00 but it also has helmet to helmet for the wife.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts