Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new car. And im not sure which way i should go. I know i would love to have all wheel drive for the winter since i have an hour commute to work. But i also am not sure if the xi would be practical with all of the mods i want to do? (full exhaust, upping boost, intercooler etc.)

anyone have an suggestions

·
Registered
411 Posts
BMW xdrive adds a lot of weight and hurts the performance... I have an Audi S4.. the twin turbo. Its got a lot of mods done to it and SMASHES almost all other street cars. Ive driven the 335i and xi.. for that car, the RW version is a lot funner. BMW doesnt specialize in AWD systems, and it shows.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agreed with Bite - if you get the Bimmer go/w the rwd version. I have a 330Ci that I love and drive year round. With snow tires it's actually better in the white stuff than my old WRX with all-seasons.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i would go with the i just because with my bmw i have sport tires on and it sucks in the snow but if you keep the stock tires on its not too bad at all. and i didnt like the feel of the x cars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
just get the 335i and get a separate dedicated set of winter rims/tires. With the almost 50/50 balance on the car it drives great in the winter. My ///M drives fine in the winter on my winter tire setup. You'll have a lighter car with the rwd. And plus the body styling on the rwd model looks better then the xi

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
get the IS instead.

·
Registered
147 Posts
AS they say everything comes better in pairs and as you can see i love boost.. ESP Twin turbo Boost lol ... Twin Turbo=big boost=big power

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 335xi... I drive a lot though and we do see our fair share of snow in Boston. If I didn't drive as much in the snow, I would have gotten the i or convertible with sport package.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a 335xi... I drive a lot though and we do see our fair share of snow in Boston. If I didn't drive as much in the snow, I would have gotten the i or convertible with sport package.
Agreed, if it doesn't snow too much in your area, and they keep the roads clear when snow does come down, you would probably enjoy the "i" better.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'd go with RWD...its tons more fun. I have a G37S and live in Long Island. It has 19" rims and bridgestone potenza sport tires. In the past 2 years there have been maybe 3 or 4 days where I couldnt make it to work because of the snow...and 2-3 of those days were this past season. My point is...do you really want to spend extra money on x-drive for those few days where you may have a problem?
Aside from RWD being more fun, AWD weighs more, costs more, and just adds more things to break/go wrong with the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts