Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good body armor. Im moving to vegas and im going to cook down there. I want something thats has elbow shoulder chest and back protection. I just want something to keep me safe and cool..
Thanks guys!:wave:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
No, Nothing will work like leather. the mesh would do fine if you were riding a scooter that topped out at 40mph.. but the mesh will decintegrate at high speeds.. A perfed leather jacket is not hot until you are stuck in traffic... and the safty aspect is well worth getting hot.. I always wear my gear...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
No, Nothing will work like leather. the mesh would do fine if you were riding a scooter that topped out at 40mph.. but the mesh will decintegrate at high speeds.. A perfed leather jacket is not hot until you are stuck in traffic... and the safty aspect is well worth getting hot.. I always wear my gear...
any leather will be hot in vegas if you ask me...

·
Registered
428 Posts
That is great for under a leather suit,, but will not even come close to holding up against pavement on its own,,
yeah i know. But like the OP requested....suggest a body armor. Not a jacket....not a suit....so i did what they asked.

Hell he could put something over this body armor that'll help holding up against pavement.

BUT i will agree, that the body armor I posted is something to be worn under a jacket to get its FULL use. =)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Icon Chest and Shoulder protectors, I know its not like full leathers but he is going to be in Vegas and it will help some what.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
yeah i know. But like the OP requested....suggest a body armor. Not a jacket....not a suit....so i did what they asked.

Hell he could put something over this body armor that'll help holding up against pavement.

BUT i will agree, that the body armor I posted is something to be worn under a jacket to get its FULL use. =)
true,,, any body armour the OP puts on will protect him much better that a cotton T

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I hope that you aren't implying that you will be wearing this armor without a jacket. That is just flat out stupid and simply wouldn't hold in place if you were to go down.

Get a textile, not mesh, jacket.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I hope that you aren't implying that you will be wearing this armor without a jacket. That is just flat out stupid and simply wouldn't hold in place if you were to go down.

Get a textile, not mesh, jacket.
I think he already knows that and wants to know what types of armor are out there not anything related to textile or leathers just plain mesh.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Umm okay some people need to come to vegas then talk to me about leather.. Ud probably have to worry about dehydration. And if u havent been to vegas! there is tons of traffic! I have an icon textile jacket but im still burning up.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Umm okay some people need to come to vegas then talk to me about leather.. Ud probably have to worry about dehydration. And if u havent been to vegas! there is tons of traffic! I have an icon textile jacket but im still burning up.
Trust me I go to Vegas all the time. I have friends who live down there and even on a cool day it can be really hot. We are trying to defend where you are coming from and some people just want to flame.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah the cool thing about that one is you can choose what sections to wear since the arms/ shoulders and chest/back are separate. lil pricey though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts