Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys....Yes I stripped the oil drain plug bolt. Here are the pics. Any tips on getting it out? I know im going to need a new bolt but Im just trying to avoid taking her into the stealership and paying out the butt for them to remove it and do the oil change. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Do you mean the corners on the head got rounded or do you mean the threads of the bolt got stripped? If it's just the corners rounded then I'd try something like vise-grips or angle pliers. Just obviously make sure you are really clamped down on it before turning it so you don't round the corners off more.

When you get a new bolt installed make sure you get the correct size socket for it. ;)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
if the threads arent screwed then the visegrips will work.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
goto sears and they have tools to get the bolt out....

BUT.. how did you round them off... torque only to 22 ft #s... Shouldn't be that tight..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ps. How much and where can I buy a new bolt? Does it have to be from Honda? Thanks. It felt like the right size socket I have no clue what happend.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I always put the new washer on (comes with filter) after every oil change, to maybe cut down on the risk of this happening..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good advice. Well the new bolt is only $4 at the stealership....however they dont have any instock 3-5 day w t f =/

·
Registered
739 Posts
Flar767 said:
Good advice. Well the new bolt is only $4 at the stealership....however they dont have any instock 3-5 day w t f =/
I looked on ronayers but it doesnt say. If anyone knows the size of this bolt then I can drop one in the mail tomorrow to him. Im thinking its somewhere around 10mmX1.25...Anyone know for sure? I wanna help this guy out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts