Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am swapping out my right side engine cover. the 2 bolts on the inside that are 10mm that hold the piece with the 2 wires going in to it will not come out.

1 of them came out the other will not. i have spent over a hour trying. someone please help. how do i get this thing out. i try and try and it will not budge. its now dark out i cant see and my cover is hanging there by a wire.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if youve got a impact gun that might be your best bet. Otherwise put some spit on your hands and grip it!! HOWEVER...... is there is a chance that the bolt might be stripped?? Those bolts along with a lot of other bolts are put in with loctight. so heat and time only strengthen the bond.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you have a power drill connect the socket and put the power drill to the lowest torque. make quick short pumps to try and remove it like an impact gun. the little quick pumps with the socket on the power drill should at LEAST loosen it a bit. be patient though if you just grind it all the way out on one drill you could definately strip it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for the help.

i ended up running out before the stores closed and bought a 6 point socket instead of 12. worked great.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
12pt sockets suck. Invest in some quality 6pt sockets. I would also replace that bolt that started to round off on you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts