Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost 3 bolts off my mirrors in two rides for some reason. I'm thinking its due to the vibration. The bolts were tightened as tight as I could tighten them and still they fly off. I was wondering if locktite or tread lock would be a good idea for the bolts holding the mirror because I can't think of another solution.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes, the blue locktite that has a medium hold so u can loosen it in the future.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Use blue locktite, if they are still vibrating out then you have a bigger problem

S

·
0 Posts
I got mine from the dealer...I wanted OEM, and I fiugred for $1.25 each it wasn't that big of deal...so I got 4 just in case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got 2 at the dealer but then I saw they also sold a box of generic bolt/clip/etc kit for sportbikes for $20 and bought it. Has most of the bolts we need for our bikes.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Thread-lock...(not lock tight)

hurm87: ummm what bigger problem could it be?

if it's still coming loose than use the "stronger" ones is red. but i doubt you'll need the ref ones. you only need the medium strength (blue). the red ones is more applicable for the parts that has stronger vibrations or the ones that you don't touch that often (soothing like frame sliders, bolts on the axles...well you got the idea :)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
the bigger problem would be that the threads are basically stripped out and thats y their r not holding the bolts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh i see, the bolts twist in fine just come out with vibration. thanks alot guys I really appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Thread-lock...(not lock tight)

hurm87: ummm what bigger problem could it be?

if it's still coming loose than use the "stronger" ones is red. but i doubt you'll need the ref ones. you only need the medium strength (blue). the red ones is more applicable for the parts that has stronger vibrations or the ones that you don't touch that often (soothing like frame sliders, bolts on the axles...well you got the idea :)
Red loctite is 'stud locker'. You use this one on things that you don't want to get apart again... at least not without the application of large amounts of heat.

And op, it only takes the smallest amount to work... a 1-2mm wide band running around the bolt is more than enough. It doesn't need to look like it's ready to drip off either...

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Red loctite is 'stud locker'. You use this one on things that you don't want to get apart again... at least not without the application of large amounts of heat.

And op, it only takes the smallest amount to work... a 1-2mm wide band running around the bolt is more than enough. It doesn't need to look like it's ready to drip off either...

:+1::iamwith:

blue is used on every bolt on my bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts