Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recommend a Honda dealership change tires for my 07 CBR600, or is a local bike shop okay? Price difference is $132 vs. $80 for both tires. I just don't know if this is a simple everyday task for any bike shop, or if it's kinda technical stuff with removing and reinstalling the wheels correctly and safely.

thx!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any shop can do it. You can save money if you buy stands and take your wheels off and take them to the shop to have the tires changed. The next step is to buy a tire-machine and start to change and balance them yourself.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
i just mounted a free set of super corsa SC1's on today! free rubber, free access to a tire machine and balancer!!!!

buy stands and the required tools to remove your tires, they will be paid for eventually in the cash you save doing your work yourself.

the information highway is making it a lot easier for people to work on their own stuff.

get in there and get your hands dirty!!

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
you can easily make a balancer, and a bead breaker. if you want to do the work yourself, the money you save will more than cover the cost of equipment.

go get a large fuking pole, like 8 foot, 3 inch diameter or something, like a streetsign pole. get a hinge and mount that to the framework in your garage. mont a metal spade on a hing on the lower section of the pole.

now you have a very long lever to use to break the bead off the tire, just put the tire on some 2x4's so you do not damaged your discs.

a balncer is truly easy to make. even gp teams use a static balancer.

if you dont want to do the work, well just take it to a shop. if it makes you feel better to spend more money, take it to a dealer

·
Registered
130 Posts
i just mounted a free set of super corsa SC1's on today! free rubber, free access to a tire machine and balancer!!!!

buy stands and the required tools to remove your tires, they will be paid for eventually in the cash you save doing your work yourself.

the information highway is making it a lot easier for people to work on their own stuff.

get in there and get your hands dirty!!
Now just teach me how to get free tires and we'll be good...

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
indeed, i need some new tires actaully, been putting it off cuz i am moving and will not get to ride my bike for over a year or more. but some free or really cheap tires i need!!

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
You know that books are all about life, aka the streets right? lol save the money, imho.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You can get a balancer off Ebay for around $70 shipped.
cheaper than that even. I think I got mine from Boss motorcycle supply for around $40

·
Registered
170 Posts
DO it yourself , It's very easy . Check out on youtube tire changing and balancing by Scudman . I purchased everything I needed at Harbor Freight for around $200.00 including an air compressor . I balance my own with their wheel balancer and have had 0 problems. I even change my trackday rubber . Just use alot of lube (windex) and everything just slides off and on .

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The only thing I'd say is to look for one with a good set of bearings. I used the Harbor Freight model and was not impressed.
That's just regular skateboard bearings. If you don't like them you can change them. Although if they're well oiled you shouldn't have a problem. If you do, then yes, replace them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.