Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a pair of Sidi Vertigo boots and when I wear them, I find it very difficult to get the in position to upshift. The boots just don't want to bend that far (which is a good thing). I'm not sure of the toes of the boots are too big or what, but it takes me a while to slip the toe in between the foot peg and the gear shift lever. I just wanted to know if anyone here has had that kind of problem and if there is anything I can do to fix it? Would installing adjustable rearsets do the trick? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
195 Posts
you can adjust the shifter position. You wont have to adjust it all that much, its more about just getting used to shifting with the boots on!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have Sidi Vertigo Corsa's size 13 and don't have a problem shifting at all. Even when I first got them. Just make sure you adjust the shifter lever to where it feels more comfortable.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had the same problem, and felt like I was having to lift my foot off the peg to shift in my Docs, so I adjusted the shift rod all the way in and now it's perfect for both boots.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I had the same problem, but you'll get use to the boots after alittle while and you should be fine.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
dhifting in boots feels different, be keep on trying and the feel comes to you.... good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, I have the same problem with upshifting.
I am adjusting the shift lever up to help it, but also just ordered the Valter Moto Riser Plates to move my stock rearsets back a bunch and up a little to increase the distance from the peg to the lever so there will be more room to work with. Didn't want to spend a ton on adjustable rearsets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts