Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

boots and stock rearsets

983 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  aggieRR 
#1 ·
i have had a problem with riding with my new boots.
first time i have ridden with them and yes i have broken them in.
i dont seem to have enough room for my boots to fit in between the rearset and the shift lever. i meen i can fit my foot in there but it just gives me a hard time. i was wondering if aftermarket rearsets would help me with the clearence issue that i am having with the boots and the rearsets?
snik you should be all over this one buddy!!!

#4 ·
the only problems I have with my boots(sidi vertigo's) is the exo-skeleton getting hung up on the heel guard. My stock rear sets fit them just fine.

#5 ·
e-flores...Have you tried adjusting the positioning of the shift lever? If you have, that's a great way to justify buying another mod; be warned though, "they" say aftermarket rearsets may cause more headshake, thus I too will need to purchase a steering dampener in addition to the rearsets :biggrin:

Ride well...

#6 ·
Aftermarket rearsets are pretty pointless unless your really short, or you just have to much money and wanna throw down 300$ for something that will just make you bike look a little better, OR you ride the track and your so good that you can run expert and drag footpeg so you risk a lowside (some people can drag footpeg and are slow as sin because they lean the bike over to far without even getting off the seat, these ppl are noobs). Just adjust your lever like this guy said ^^^

#9 ·
I didn't have a problem with mine when they were stock and I wear a big ol' boot.

I ended up with graves rearsets because they were on clearance and I was decking the stock ones out at the track (and no I don't ride it like a dirt bike). I now can keep my pegs and toe sliders off the track.

But in you case just adjust them until you find a comfortable setting, you would have to do that with aftermarket rearsets anyway.

#11 ·
i did adjust mine. it is pretty easy.
all you do is where the linkage connects to the gearbox you will see circular connection with teeth. i know not to specific but thats the only way i could think to describe it. you will know it when you see it. take a 10mm wrench and take the bolt on the top of it out. you cannot just lossen it. but its not big deal its just a couple more turns. but then that enables you to take the linkage off. then once it is off you will be able to raise or lower the connectionto the "circular coonection with teeth." i know it sounds really vauge but trust me it is easy took me 5 min. tops just because i was deciding what height would be best.

#13 ·
is this with the valter motos bro... if so, adjust the shift lever down, or up a tad. the thing is, mine felt weird the 1st 5 minutes then i adjusted the shift lever to the point where it feels lever with the brake lever.
havent touched it since.

Its most likely you tho, ur not used to the limited mobility of the raised rearset and the boot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.