Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... i noticed the other day that both my headlights were out. I had not done any mods to my bike for months now, so i think something must be malfunctioning.Both headlights are out along with the high bean indicator, but the third eye, signals, tail, and everything else works ok. Starts and runs normal.

I had checked the fuse, and kill switch. Both checked out. I do not get power to the headlight sockets themselves, so i doubt they are the actual headlights.

Anybody have an idea what is next? I have a feeling it may be the relay inside the nose. I troubleshooted it by finding the wires that come out of the upper from the relay. It seems to not be working properly, but my method of testing isnt very reliable since I cannot be sure I had good contact points. I just really dont want to take off the upper and find out it was something else. I did it before, and its a pain in the ass. Why would a relay go bad anyway? I have HIDs, so maybe they had a role?

Anyway... what do you guys think?
Thanks

oh. i have a 04 cbr 600RR

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was having the same issues with my 05 RR - turns out the starter button would stick just enough after ignition to prevent the headlights from working. Tapping the starter button and the lights came on fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was having the same issues with my 05 RR - turns out the starter button would stick just enough after ignition to prevent the headlights from working. Tapping the starter button and the lights came on fine. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. Apparently this happens as i have read. This wasnt the case however.

After troubleshooting the wires coming from the harness, I determined it was probably the relay. I plugged everything back in to work on it the next day. I checked it to make sure it started up, and it was still ok, but the headlights still were off. The next day, I started her up, it it magically fixed itself and been ok ever since. It wasnt raining for weeks, so i dont think it was a short. Anyway, i have nothing to complain about; only if it randomly happens again when i'm riding

1 - 3 of 3 Posts