Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had them set way too soft for my fat ass (230 lbs) Everything looks straight, and it handles fine. No wobbling, headshake or anything. But's the front brakes are making a swish swish swish sound that goes away when I apply them. It never did this before I bottomed it out.

Did the forks move in the clamps? Bent axle? Could I have bent the rotor?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I loosened and re-tighted all the clamps one at a time, and blast the calipers with brake cleaner. The noise seems to be gone now.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Disc brakes always drag on the brake pads. If you put the front on a stand and spin the wheel, as long as you get like 2 revs or more out of it... you're good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know they're supposed to drag a little, but it got really bad immediately after I bottomed out the forks. It almost sounded like air leaking out of the tire at first it was so loud.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yeah sometimes oil from your fork seals can get on there if they are extremely leaky. Also if your brake fluid is old/comtaminated it doesn't help the situation. Any hydralics brake or clutch systems on cars or bikes should be running near 97 percent efficiency with low stiction to avoid wear and tear, and achieve best performance. If the fluid is contaminated by anything it can bring the efficiency below the threshold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts