Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plastics are ruined, have to replace them....anyone have any ideas besides paying honda out the rear the high prices...?

bike won't start now...shook side to side, turned on and off, checked the fuses, the battery is dead now so i am charging it...HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
67 Posts
have full coverage insurance? im most states if you are paying payments on something you have to have full coverage. if so just turn it into the insurance. Yeah your insurance might go up some but it wont be as bad as paying to repair such a new bike

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Sorry to Hear. If u don't have full coverage get it now. Some insurance companys don't need to look at the bike if it's New so you should understand where I'm going with this. Try to find a way to get an Free estimate of damage so you know what u need. If you have money to buy new plastics or if u get payed by your insurance I would take the money and start looking online for used parts or call alot of dealers that sell new plastics and get quotes. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
check out some aftermarket fairing companies like cbrfairings.com or something along that line. and dam that sucks. was it your fisrt bike? and how the hell did u do it?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Sorry to Hear. If u don't have full coverage get it now. Some insurance companys don't need to look at the bike if it's New so you should understand where I'm going with this. Try to find a way to get an Free estimate of damage so you know what u need. If you have money to buy new plastics or if u get payed by your insurance I would take the money and start looking online for used parts or call alot of dealers that sell new plastics and get quotes. Good Luck
Yea.. We know where you're going with that. Insurance fraud and jail time if he gets caught.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
how did it happen? i take it you were being a little liberal with the throttle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, sucks....i use to ride durt bikes, but that bike has hella more power...i was turning down a main street and there was still some sand and debris in the road from the snow and one thing led to another...i am kinda banged up...i had my helmet and my jacket on, boots and jeans.... my knees are strawberries and my right hand is too...but i'm more concerned with my bike...LOL! i have insurance and i thought about making a claim, but i thought about the rate hikes...i may just have to file a claim...the plastics are only bad on the left side tho...simple honda plastics....when you change to aftermarket plastics does that mean that you have to change them all? also the plastic covering the engine is damaged as well...what is that called?

still can't get it to start...saw someone talking about a bank angle sensor...it's been off since i laid it down and still won't start...any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it has power and was cranking....just wouldn't turn over....now i'm charging the battery...i don't know what i did to it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
check out some aftermarket fairing companies like cbrfairings.com or something along that line. and dam that sucks. was it your fisrt bike? and how the hell did u do it?
thanks for the site! i found some, this was MY first bike, i've ridden before tho...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
on the aftermarket fairing you will have to replace all of them but for around 400 to 500 it is cheaper then the oem that you will have to replace. i would imagine that your deductible you be around 500 and to replace just the plastics from that side would cost anywhere from 700 to 1000. so you would spend at most 500 plus you insurance will go up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
on the aftermarket fairing you will have to replace all of them but for around 400 to 500 it is cheaper then the oem that you will have to replace. i would imagine that your deductible you be around 500 and to replace just the plastics from that side would cost anywhere from 700 to 1000. so you would spend at most 500 plus you insurance will go up.

ok so you do have to replace them all...well that may not be so bad...i guess i'll ride it for a while like this and then replace them....you know where i can get new turn signals? i hate the way they stick out....also wondered if they had something that you can put on your bike to protect it from sliding on the plastic...someone mentioned it to me...

·
Registered
190 Posts
you have a lot of reading to do my friend... and trust me im just a noob myself. Look for some frame sliders, they are designed to help save the frame, but help the save the fairings, depending on the crash... I heard a lot of good things about the shogun crash kit, which is why i bought them, but "best sliders" can be will always be debated... Sorry to hear about your bike

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ride. Try an insurance claim, but if you think the rates will be too high, buy aftermarket.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am thinking you have not ridden the bike enough to get the coating on the tires off. Took a turn a little too deep and got some fresh tire. I could be wrong. Not picking on you just assuming that is what happened. I would go with cbrfairings.com. For under 600you get a little reprieve and you can pick out a nice design. Be careful and I would ask because no one else has...Have you been to an MSF course?

DMR........Your avatar is killing my eyes. I can't scroll fast enough to make it go away.

Crash

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would just do the claim. Take a MSF class if you haven't and just take your time learning your new bike. From what I've read and heard aftermarket fairing just don't fit the same. Your also talking about an 09 bike they haven't perfected the fairings already on that I bike I can't believe. Sorry to hear that you went down on such a brand new bike. Rest up and let the insurance take care of it!! It's to new of a bike to start making it look different!

·
Registered
448 Posts
good luck man. keep your eye open. people here sell stuff all the time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts