Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud owner of a silver '05 Nissan 350Z. I kept the Audi A4 because I need to the cargo space and sometimes I need to drive more than two passangers.
This is the best forum with the best people. Keep up the great work. I will pop up once and a while.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always wanted the Z. Work moved further south. It takes between 45min to an hour to get to work. I'm not one for long commute on a bike. So I figured it would be easier to sit in a car than crouch on a bike for the long ride. Just an excuse to get the Z.

Lets be honost the Z is a lot more fun than the Audi, almost as fun as the RR.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
damn High Rollers..... :bitchslap:

:roll:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
How do you feel about the A4, im looking in to getting a 2005 model but only if they get the redesigned model out here. What are your pro's and cons of the current model you own now. Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the Z, the G35 coupe is s'pose to have AWD in 2005 so might have to check that out aswell.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DoingOK said:
Good choice...........I had a deposit on a new Z and ended up buying the very similar G35 Coupe. Drive carefully
I thought about the G35, but wanted the sportier look, not to mention my good buddy bought the G35 first and he could afford bigger wider rims.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My girlfriend has one and they are great cars. Silver too. Now my dad went out and got one too. you'll love it. I actually almost got one too, but i chose the bike and kept hte truck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fm5150 said:
How do you feel about the A4, im looking in to getting a 2005 model but only if they get the redesigned model out here. What are your pro's and cons of the current model you own now. Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the Z, the G35 coupe is s'pose to have AWD in 2005 so might have to check that out aswell.
The Audi's are awesome cars. If I could save money I would have opt to sell the bike and the A4 for an 05 S4. Now, I have the same cargo as an S4 with the A4 plus almost the same 0-60 with the Z. The Z is easier to tune. I prefer rear wheel drive for sports and drifting, and when it rains you can't beat the Quattro. One problem with Audi's is that they are pricey to maintain. After the three years of the free maintainance it is going to be pricey. The dealership sucks! Arrogant pricks. Avoid the dealer after the free service. Independent Audi mechanics do a great job for a fair price.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
I test drove the Z twice, but ended up getting a Beamer instead. I live in Wisconsin so I was going to have to get another car for the winter if I bought the Z. It is a great car, I used to have the 300zx twin turbo. I had it over 110 mph during the test drive. The dealer actually let me take it out with out riding with me. What a dumbass, it only had 12 miles on it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I considered a Z when I bought my Supra TT, but there wasn't enough aftermarket for me. I wanted something that had an endless supply of aftermarket goodies to play with. I am sure the 350Z will get there some day, but I needed more power. They need to come out with a Turbo model since adding a turbo to the N/A model doesn't yield nearly as much power with it's high compression engine. Some day....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TRBO2NR said:
I considered a Z when I bought my Supra TT, but there wasn't enough aftermarket for me. I wanted something that had an endless supply of aftermarket goodies to play with. I am sure the 350Z will get there some day, but I needed more power. They need to come out with a Turbo model since adding a turbo to the N/A model doesn't yield nearly as much power with it's high compression engine. Some day....
I was at a custom tuner shop in Huntington Beach, they were working on the blue Sony 350Z for SEMA. They are tuning it to 520hp at the wheel. It has a centrifugal supercharger plus nitrous. My goal is to get 320hp at the wheel out of the Z.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah, I mean it has potential in the N/A form to add a supercharger or Greddy Turbo, but to get "real" power the compression would have to be lowered which would cost a lot of money. If one had the money to have a shop customize it, then yeah. For my Supra I liked to do all the work myself and with about $1500 in minor mods, I had about 400hp to the wheels on Race gas. That was just my decision, plus I loved Supra's. I do really like the 350Z too, hence me saying if they made a Turbo model I would be VERY tempted to pick one up. I think a Turbo model would take the car industry over for a sports car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah...i've been thinking about getting one too...but i'm leaning towards the g35..... performance wise, which is better?...g35 or 350z...???????????

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
blue600rr said:
yeah...i've been thinking about getting one too...but i'm leaning towards the g35..... performance wise, which is better?...g35 or 350z...???????????
Straight out of the box the Z (~200lbs lighter with 7 more hp) is a tick quicker (.08-.2 secs in the 1/4mile). Some magazines have tested the G35 to handle a bit better due to the longer wheelbase. Very similiar cars sharing many identical parts. Add an aftermarket intake or exhaust and they are even. Due to manufacturing tolerances/differences, some factory G's dyno higher than factory Z's (we are only talking 7hp). The decision maker for me was the G had a better warranty, available sunroof and BACKSEATS for my kids. With an injen intake, Borla catback true dual exhaust.....I dynoed 263hp at the wheels which is about 325hp at the crank. Not bad. With my 150 shot of nitrous I put down 374hp @ the wheels. Both great cars!

Dyno....

Purging.....(before I installed a new front grill and chin spoiler).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts