Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 for my bike but I found out on youtube my front tire is made in China !!!!

Should i be worried? I am some what disappointed I thought Pirelli were Italian Tires and top notch quality.

I thought Pirelli tires are made in Italy :(

Are these Chinese made Pirelli tires dangerous to use? Or am i just worried over nothing?

I should have bought the Michellin Pilot 3 !!!!

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. China is now the worlds #1 economy and many top companies produce there for the cheaper overhead. This doesn't mean that they are bad products though. Respected companies like Pirelli surely have a strict quality control system to maintain their quality regardless of where they are made.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have just bought Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 for my bike but I found out on youtube my front tire is made in China !!!!

Should i be worried? I am some what disappointed I thought Pirelli were Italian Tires and top notch quality.

I thought Pirelli tires are made in Italy :(

Are these Chinese made Pirelli tires dangerous to use? Or am i just worried over nothing?

I should have bought the Michellin Pilot 3 !!!!

I didn't know this...apparently they have factories in China. You should probably take them off and ship them to me. I'll test them out for you to make sure the first set is safe for no charge.

If it makes you feel any better, my buddy was riding in the advanced/expert group at the track last time with rosso 2s and he didn't explode :crackup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
same as mine, may seem a coincidence but i never got a good feel exactly from the front tyre and i did over than 10k km on them.
The rear doesn't give me any problem but the front several times left me alone on the middle of a corner, honestly didn't like it at all; will switch to PP3 or m7rr next spring.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Having worked closely with manufacturing engineers, I can tell you that China's industrial capabilities are only limited by production budget. From cheap Walmart toys, to precision parts machined to .0001" tolerances.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
same as mine, may seem a coincidence but i never got a good feel exactly from the front tyre and i did over than 10k km on them.
The rear doesn't give me any problem but the front several times left me alone on the middle of a corner, honestly didn't like it at all; will switch to PP3 or m7rr next spring.
Has nothing to do with China.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. China is now the worlds #1 economy and many top companies produce there for the cheaper overhead. This doesn't mean that they are bad products though. Respected companies like Pirelli surely have a strict quality control system to maintain their quality regardless of where they are made.
I agree China has a bad reputation which may or may not be justified but you must not have followed the 2013 F1 season; Pirelli changed the carcass design mid season (kinda stupid imo since the performance of a F1 tire can only be tested by an F1 car) and many teams were struggling to make them last so they had to revert back to previous design. Pirelli is a business, not a non-profit so I doubt they'd risk their reputation by selling a product with an inherent design flaw but there is proof that no one is exempt from error. BTW I currently have the same tires on my bike as well.

All three of us have the same tire and all three of us are dissatisfied with how one or both tires feel, but since I do know of at least one person with these tires on a CBR and has no complaints to speak of I'll ask if either of you had the suspension tuned before these tires were put on and if adjusting the suspension after they went on produced any positive results?

Having worked closely with manufacturing engineers, I can tell you that China's industrial capabilities are only limited by production budget. From cheap Walmart toys, to precision parts machined to .0001" tolerances.
^this 100%, they only produce the product designed by the company that hired them so be fair and don't be so quick to point the finger at them.

You're right and I have to eat the words from quite a few rants over these tires myself, including a recent one accusing the tire's weight as the culprit...

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
You should have read the reviews on that specific tire. What a waste of $.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Funny you mention that, before I bought them I was looking for any info from comparison tests or anywhere and didn't find anything...in hindsight the lack thereof speaks volumes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been a Perilli fan since i was a teenie bopper i thought they were made in Italy :( I wont go for them again i will buy only European made tires for safety reasons.

I didn't tune my suspension prior to installing these tires but very disappointed with so many companies who source outside their own country to cut costs.

Pirelli name is premium if it was made in Italy i would still buy it but now I know they are made in China I think my next tires sets will definitely be Michellin Pilot Power 3/4.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Funny you mention that, before I bought them I was looking for any info from comparison tests or anywhere and didn't find anything...in hindsight the lack thereof speaks volumes.

I was being facetious, OP is putting way too much thought into this. Pirelli makes great tires, regardless of where they're manufactured.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I was being facetious, OP is putting way too much thought into this. Pirelli makes great tires, regardless of where they're manufactured.

These are the second set on my 600rr and nothing like the quali's but I think I know how to make em work.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Never said that is related to China indeed...
All three of us have the same tire and all three of us are dissatisfied with how one or both tires feel, but since I do know of at least one person with these tires on a CBR and has no complaints to speak of I'll ask if either of you had the suspension tuned before these tires were put on and if adjusting the suspension after they went on produced any positive results?
Done this a couple of months ago with an Andreani dealer. They keep my rear preload to 1 and set a little bit the front fork.
I got the rear with some improvement but the front still leaving me alone in some corners.
Also I think that tyres are working properly since the consumption is the same for front and rear.
one of my friends have as well these same tyres on a gsx 1000 and he is having again problem and is by far more skilled than me.
honestly we have thousand of reviews of these in italy and most of them are negative; should be a reason, china or not.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
lol rummage through all of your belongings and see how many quality items are actually made in China. I think their reputation for bad quality mainly comes from the knock-off industry and an older era China. Japan and Korea used to have a similar rep.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
lol rummage through all of your belongings and see how many quality items are actually made in China. I think their reputation for bad quality mainly comes from the knock-off industry and an older era China. Japan and Korea used to have a similar rep.
This is true, I've been using the same laptop for over 6 years and it was made in China and still going.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts