Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Is this thread for real? People rly this out of touch with the real world lol.. I bet 80 or 90 percent of this stuff you own is not made here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is a huuuge difference between a Chinese product made in China and a Foreign product made in China. The former is a complete POS and to be avoided at all costs. The latter is a different story. An example of the latter would be an Apple (American) iPad maded in China, Panasonic (Japanese) appliance made in China, and your Pirelli (Italian) tires made in China.

The latter are all products that were designed and engineered by a company in another country (not China) and even if they are manufactured in China, they are done under the supervision and guidance of the original company. Usually these products are not a problem.

Anything that is designed, engineered, or shamelessly copied, and built in China by a Chinese company should be avoided at all costs as they are in most cases, pure junk.

I have been to many businesses and factories in China. The foreign companies and factories there are fine. As for Chinese companies, you would not believe some of the things we saw.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
There is a huuuge difference between a Chinese product made in China and a Foreign product made in China. The former is a complete POS and to be avoided at all costs. The latter is a different story. An example of the latter would be an Apple (American) iPad maded in China, Panasonic (Japanese) appliance made in China, and your Pirelli (Italian) tires made in China.

The latter are all products that were designed and engineered by a company in another country (not China) and even if they are manufactured in China, they are done under the supervision and guidance of the original company. Usually these products are not a problem.

Anything that is designed, engineered, or shamelessly copied, and built in China by a Chinese company should be avoided at all costs as they are in most cases, pure junk.

I have been to many businesses and factories in China. The foreign companies and factories there are fine. As for Chinese companies, you would not believe some of the things we saw.
Everyone is in agreement on this, OP is more likely than not just trolling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i Just started using Pirelli tries for track days and these tires are like glue to the track. i don't see any issues on them other than tire wear but thats due to the soft compound. i wont worry about being made in china. it all depend for the tire of use you going to give the tries.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Yeah they are good tires. Does your front slip at all?

Since I found out my front tire was made in China my brain thinks it's no good and i feel really unsafe with it now :( I know this may be silly.

I cant wait to get rid of mine i am going to get Michelin Power Pilot 4 next.

I ride normal so my tire should last long time - I can't believe some people are only getting 4000 miles on them.

i Just started using Pirelli tries for track days and these tires are like glue to the track. i don't see any issues on them other than tire wear but thats due to the soft compound. i wont worry about being made in china. it all depend for the tire of use you going to give the tries.
Are you using the same tires? I thought these aren't that great on tracks. I was told to get Rosso Corsa 2 for track days.

·
BOTM Winner 02/15
237 Posts
Yeah they are good tires. Does your front slip at all?

Since I found out my front tire was made in China my brain thinks it's no good and i feel really unsafe with it now :( I know this may be silly.

I cant wait to get rid of mine i am going to get Michelin Power Pilot 4 next.

I ride normal so my tire should last long time - I can't believe some people are only getting 4000 miles on them.

Are you using the same tires? I thought these aren't that great on tracks. I was told to get Rosso Corsa 2 for track days.
Get Diablo Super Corsa SP or Diablo superbike for the track... Those tires are what every track rider recommends, at least here in Europe. I used to have Diablo Super Corsa SP's on my bike but they don't last long because they are made out of soft compounds. But they stick so hard to the tarmac its incredible... I now have Pilot Power 3's on my bike because they are a bit cheaper and are dual compound so they last longer. I don't need the extra stickiness because I am not taking every corner knee down. Riding with the Super Corsa SP's did give me a lot more confidence in my bike though, especially on warm days with warm tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Get Diablo Super Corsa SP or Diablo superbike for the track... Those tires are what every track rider recommends, at least here in Europe. I used to have Diablo Super Corsa SP's on my bike but they don't last long because they are made out of soft compounds. But they stick so hard to the tarmac its incredible... I now have Pilot Power 3's on my bike because they are a bit cheaper and are dual compound so they last longer. I don't need the extra stickiness because I am not taking every corner knee down. Riding with the Super Corsa SP's did give me a lot more confidence in my bike though, especially on warm days with warm tires.
I dont have the skill for tracks that's why i got diablo rosso 2 it is supposed to be great for wet weather as well.

I wanted the Diablo Corsa 2 but just incase it rains i thought i better invest in rosso 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. China is now the worlds #1 economy and many top companies produce there for the cheaper overhead. This doesn't mean that they are bad products though. Respected companies like Pirelli surely have a strict quality control system to maintain their quality regardless of where they are made.
I recently had serious "cupping" wear and impossible to balance purell angel GT tires, finally found out they were made in China, I immediately replaced them with Mitchelin tkc 70, the problem went away, I will NEVER buy purell China tires again, the original one made in France were the best tires ever. The China made tires are total JUNK

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is the most ridiculous post I’ve ever seen. You should sell your bike and commit yourself to solitary confinement, never to speak to another human being ever again

21 - 33 of 33 Posts