Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Harbor Freight Tools has a vac style brake bleeder for around $25..either that or rent one from a parts store like Advance or Autozone for $50 and get a full refund when you return it. My master cyl. would NOT bleed manually, I had to use one. Hope this helps.

D

·
0 Posts
Any type of chemical resistant hose. Go to Harbor Freight or an automotive store and you'll find some. Needs an ID small enough to fit over the bleed nipple.

Our master cylinders will only not bleed manually if you have no idea of how to bleed brakes. Bet you never tried bleeding from the bleed nipple on the m/c itself Mr. Tiger.

D

·
0 Posts
Any type of chemical resistant hose. Go to Harbor Freight or an automotive store and you'll find some. Needs an ID small enough to fit over the bleed nipple.

Our master cylinders will only not bleed manually if you have no idea of how to bleed brakes. Bet you never tried bleeding from the bleed nipple on the m/c itself Mr. Tiger.
size wise?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lucki 87 Harbor Freight has a one man bleeding system for like 2 bucks. It has a one way check valve that only allows fluid out and no air back in. Comes with hose and valve all you need is any kind of bottle to catch the fluid. Just don't let master cyl run empty. Basically with the kit from Harbor Freight all you do is fill the master cyl, open bleeder with hose and valve attached, pump the brake lever until nothing but clean fluid and no air bubble flow through. On the last down stroked as fluid flowing out shut the bleed valve back. Then your done. Other than that I'm sure you can find plenty of how to vids on youtube.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use a bit tube and a empty bottle 10'minute job. No need for fancy bleeding kits
I would have agreed with you on this until I done my 600rr..I completely emptied the front brake system, I tried for two days to get the master cyl. to pump up to bleed it. It refused to pump at all..even tried to gravity bleed it overnight with the bleeder bolts completely removed, not a single drop came through. My only option was a vac bleeder to PULL the fluid through the master then down to the calipers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just check Harbor Freight website didn't see it on there any more found it on google. Here is what it looks like.

D

·
0 Posts
I would have agreed with you on this until I done my 600rr..I completely emptied the front brake system, I tried for two days to get the master cyl. to pump up to bleed it. It refused to pump at all..even tried to gravity bleed it overnight with the bleeder bolts completely removed, not a single drop came through. My only option was a vac bleeder to PULL the fluid through the master then down to the calipers.
Please, either get a service manual for your bike or only allow a trained professional to work on your bike when you have brake system maintenance done. It's clear you didn't bleed your brakes properly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts