Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have replaced stock brake hoses with SS ones in my '05 rr. Along with it I re-assembled my front calipers (new sealers and so on).

After putting all set together, I started air bleeding the system. Despite of pumping the lever for about of 5 min, only small amount of brake fluid appeared on the bleeding nut. I got the feeling that the level of brake fluid in reservoir is not lowering despite of constant pomping it.

Should i somehow bleed the master cylinder? Is it normal situation after re-assembly of calipers?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i dont think the 03-06 master cylinder has a bleed screw on it, but i could be wrong.
check to make sure your lines arent clogged, it happens a lot w/ new SS lines. thats why i make sure they are clear prior to installation.
compressed air works well for clearing a clogged line.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is truth there is no bleeder in the master cylinder at reservoir in 03-06 rr. I just was confused, because of a few advices seen on this forum while digging for some help, even those given to people with bikes before '07.

Today after work I will give a try to my mouth :) trying to suck out some liquid through opened bleeder with a pipe and see if there is any resistance. That would indicate a clogged SS.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm going to assume the basics like you have a clear hose on the bleeder at the calipers. So with that... let gravity bleed the lines first. Crack open one bleeder valve and wait till you see fluid coming out. It won't be perfectly bubble free but get it close... then do the other side the same. With the systen totally filled with air... you can't pump fluid into it. the air compresses and much that it won't bleed. Once you get some fluid in... you can go to pumping ans bleeding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks to all of you for your help.

Luckily I found the cause of the problem. It was one of the bleeders I think.

As I took a closer look to both of them, I have noticed that they differ in thread length. Simply, one of them had longer visible part of the thread (part of thread stickign out of the caliper).

When I connected a plastic hose to the closed bleeder, it simply allowed me to suck out brake liquid with boubles. I should not be able to suck out anything! That bleeder was constantly allowing air to get into the system. That's why pumping gave no effect.

Now I am waiting for my new bleeder to arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts