Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrigth well i took my bike to the drag strip. after each run i tried to use my front brake as little as possible and jsut let the engine slow me down, with some tapping on the rear brake. well one time i decided to see how fast i could really slow down if there were an emergency or something, so as im nearing around 140 i get on the brakes to the maximum. afterward they felt kind of squishy and i dont feel i stop quite as fast anymore? my question is did i boil my brake fluid or do i maybe need new pads or something? thanks alot

·
Registered
725 Posts
lol, i don't mean to laugh, but i abuse the **** out of my brakes at the race track and never once had brake fade

do they still feel squishy? did YOU change anything in the brake system? stock lines or stainless steel?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its all the stock components i meant to check the level but i havent yet. i just know that on my friends old bike he boiled the fluid andi wondered if i had maybe done the same. i kinda doubted it though because i only did it once or twice so i doubt it could have boiled it from one hard stop.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You could have jostled the bike around a bit stopping so hard and gotten a few bubbles in the lines? I've had bad enough headshake to do this but it sounds unlikely on just a straight line, aggressive stop ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts