Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding around the other day and when I went to squeeze the front brake I noticed it came much closer to the grip than usual. Since then I have noticed that if I quickly squeeze the brake it catches much further out but if I ease the front brake in I can almost get it to touch the grip.

Bike info; 2007 CBR600RR with 12,300 miles. CORE steel braided brake lines and Motul RBF600 DOT4 fluid.
I changed my brake lines about 1100 miles ago so it's pretty new fluid in there.

My thought on it so far is maybe I have gotten water in the reservoir? I keep a sweat sock on the reservoir and it retains a lot of water when it rains I just didn't think anything of it until I had this feeling with the brakes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would keep the sweat sock. When was the last time u bled and flushed your brakes? This gets over looked by many including myself. It's recommended that you do it every 2 years.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's a nice pic BTW. Is it at the tail of the dragon? I just got back and the scenery looks real familiar to one of my pics lol

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bit of air in your system. Bleed thoroughly, and you should be ok.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The brake resevoir is capped pretty well and has an internal bladder that helps act as a seal, so I don't think water has gotten in there, but -

If that bladder didn't seat correctly, it could allow moisture in there/brake fluid out of there. (My rear brake res had that problem constantly and I'd weep brake fluid from there all the time.) When you pop the cap off, make note of the orientation of the bladder - if it's crooked or off, you'll have your answer (and of course just bleed your brakes at the same time too).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a nice pic BTW. Is it at the tail of the dragon? I just got back and the scenery looks real familiar to one of my pics lol
Yea it is at the dragon! Had such an awesome time there!

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was the best. I'm already planning my next trip lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Me too. I'm not sure. I've never looked into it. I always go with a couple buddies and hit it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts